Keep the seed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killertea08

Liven The Dream
Reaction score
Hey all, I got some pot from a buddy of mine said it was called Hindu Kush. Far as I know he got it from a dispensary but who really knows. Bottom line is this stuff is crazy trippy weed. LOL the first time I smoked it only a bowl was enough to trip me out for 2 hrs lmao. Bottom line is I wanna grow this stuff. In the middle of one of the buds I found a seed. Should I keep this seed or is it going to give me a hermie plant?:smoke1:

Killertea08 said:
Hey all, I got some pot from a buddy of mine said it was called Hindu Kush. Far as I know he got it from a dispensary but who really knows. Bottom line is this stuff is crazy trippy weed. LOL the first time I smoked it only a bowl was enough to trip me out for 2 hrs lmao. Bottom line is I wanna grow this stuff. In the middle of one of the buds I found a seed. Should I keep this seed or is it going to give me a hermie plant?:smoke1:

Only way to tell is to grow it out....
It cld hve selfed itself late in flower or got hit with some stray pollen.

I know everyone here is anti hermie and all but I don't hve a problem with a Cpl S1's in my dankity Dank. Wld I breed with them? No but I also wldnt hesitate to pop them down the road. I am praying I find a bean or two in my SnakeBite bud. I lost the mom and wld love to replace her....now any plant that throws nanners early or mid flower will find my dumpster. In my limited experience I hve found that quite a few of the "elite" strains tend to throw a nanner or two when you take them into late flower and finding one or two
beans per plant is not unheard of. Jmo....I am sure I will get roasted by the hermie haters...lol

As long as you are just planning to grow it and not breeded with it I would go for it. A seed from a unknown parentage is not a good choice for breeding but you never know when you'll find a killer smoke.

o' hermie hammy..:p j/k no roasting here ;)
but I would like to pose a question. If it is a.."nanner or two".. from "late flower", and a seed requires at least 4 weeks "IME" to mature, how could it possibly form a mature seed??
Why would you believe it was from a 'late' staminate flower? And how would it get 'deep in the bud"? ;)

To grow it out is certainly your prerogative. If it turns out great, and makes you a donor/mom, FANTASTIC! BUT, I would "always"... be vigilant, and "aware" of the possibility/probability of it's parental makeup.

Hick said:
but I would like to pose a question. If it is a.."nanner or two".. from "late flower", and a seed requires at least 4 weeks "IME" to mature, how could it possibly form a mature seed??
Why would you believe it was from a 'late' staminate flower? And how would it get 'deep in the bud"? ;)

To grow it out is certainly your prerogative. If it turns out great, and makes you a donor/mom, FANTASTIC! BUT, I would "always"... be vigilant, and "aware" of the possibility/probability of it's parental makeup.

:yeahthat: :goodposting:

Hammy: IDK, but I have a hard time with getting "Elite" strains and nanners into the same concept.:hubba:

Sure does seem to be the case though, AFA nanners.:holysheep:

Wet

Hick said:

Thanks for not skewering me...lol
And no doubt you are right...I hve only had a bean here and there and none of them actually germed...I figured they were immature. I hve one that looks good and is Rez SD x Chemdog DD....saving it for a rainy day...:)

And yeah I wld preach awareness and vigilance when dealing with any questionable seeds or fem beans.

I got ya back Hammy:aok:

But also agree with Hick..it takes a Minimum of 4 weeks to make viable stock..JMO

Killertea08..Grow it out babby:lama:

take care and be safe

could b the next holy grail of strains there....or crap. If it's gold, name it ElDorado...lol.

PEace,

7greeneyes :)

p.s. :rofl:

Thanks everyone for your help in this, I think when the time comes I will germ this seed just as a science experiment. If i get a winner then I will just take clones and keep it around for a while. My smoke report is this.

Buzz: Rang my bell hard at first, mellowed out cerebral high. Phase shifty, trippy at times. Talkative for sure not very much couch lock. Awake for about an hr then mellows out more with some munchies for sure.

Bag appeal: Nice cone shaped nugs mild green with purple hue's very dense hard nugs.

Taste/smell: Fruity then once broken up by hand a musk is there with overtones of lemon,pine and berry's.

I can't wait to grow this!:eek:

Latest posts

Back