keeping it organic..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Organic is certified by the USDA or similar state/country agencies or organizations. Many companies and farmers can't qualify for certification for one reason or another in the USA, often times because of situations out of their control. For example, my friend has a lavender farm and grows pick your own veggies using all natural / organic methods. However, he told me that because his neighbor does not use organic practices, he can't qualify per the USDA standards because his vegetable fields are too close to the neighbors property line. He would have to convince the neighbor to change their farming practices for three documented years to qualify his property for the "organic" label / seal according to the statment of denial of application from the USDA.
IMO one can split hairs and drive yourself nuts trying to acheive an organic grow - or you can just relax and shoot for a common sense natural environment and maybe actually enjoy your buzz.

a vegan organic mix does not include crab parts or bloodmeal...I'm just saying

Earth Juice makes a dry product line called Rainbow Mix. Theres a Bloom and a Grow. Its essentially a one stop supersoil ammendment in a bag. Ive used it here and there in my organic garden (tomatoes and flowers etc.) and it rocks. Its full of myco too for a healthy critter colony. I'd use it on my MJ but still have a bunch of SS mix to use.

OldHippieChick said:
IMO one can split hairs and drive yourself nuts trying to acheive an organic grow - or you can just relax and shoot for a common sense natural environment and maybe actually enjoy your buzz.
:yeahthat: :icon_smile:
THANK YOU!!!!!!! +rep for that most succinct answer.

That is exactly what I've been trying to say for some time, but just managed to hit around it. People get so hung up on semantics that common sense just goes out the window. It gets even sillier with veganics and stuff like EWC, or running around in small circles with your hands in the air if crab parts are mentioned.:rolleyes:

@Umbra, this is not directed at you in any sense. You and I are pretty much on the same page AFA organics and soil mixes go.:aok:

I just wish I could locally source any crab parts, or fish bone meal, or anything like that. I know my mix would benefit from it, but, it's just too expensive to ship, so I make do with what I can afford. The comfrey bed I planted this year is going great and should really produce next season. No FPE's yet, but the worms really scarfed it down.:hubba:

So far, it's been working pretty well and not spending $$$ on bottled anything aside from the Earth Juice 2 years ago.

Wet

Latest posts

Back