Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Keeping moms

A

Ad1

Hello all, i'm trying to make the switch to cloning and moms.

I have 6 female clones, which are about 3 weeks old, 1.5 weeks were for getting them to root and the other 1.5 weeks were vegging under a 400w mh.

I want to flower 4 clones and keep the other 2 as moms.

So should they be put into normal veg for another 5 weeks then clones taken from them?

Are they then chopped and future moms grown from their clones?

Any info or links would be appreciated

Skinmaster

Reaction score
Good day to you AD1

You have the right idea exactly.
I always go over-board when it comes to taking cuttings.
Say 10 of each strain.
then, I select the two best cuttings of a strain to use as mothers next time round.
I then flower off the cuttings chosen on 12/12 (HPS), but the mothers are kept on 24/7 (FLUORESENT).
You can keep mothers indefinatly, as long as they are fed with growth Nutes every now and then, and you keep them to a reasonable size, and don't let them become root-bound.
Unfortunately, only trial-and-error will tell you if and when to start the cutting process, so you can get big enough plants ready to tie-in with the end of a crop (quick turn around of approx 2 months flowering - instead of 1 month of growing (waiting for VEG) then 2 months of Flowering).
I normally take cuttings when the current Flowering Plants pass PHASE 1, so by the time the crop is finished, I have 12-16cm plants ready to go straight into the Flowering Chamber.

I hope this helps........I know what it was like when I firsted started
But above all..... don't be afraid to experiment.......

Good Luck

The Skinmaster

A

Ad1

Hi skinmaster,

Thanks for the info, K+

How important is it to have 24/0? I normally veg 18/6

Latest posts