Keeping my Haze-heavies green throughout bloom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happydaze

Ayyyyyyyyyy!
Reaction score
I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest cut with pearlite. great white and molasses and only FF Big Bloom

My strain is some sort of Jack Herrer hybrid that blooms to 12 weeks. Around the 10 week mark almost all the major fan leaves have dropped as they have absorbed all the nitrogen in the soil. Now the crux of the situation is that I wish to keep them greener w/o having to ph it.

What organic fert could I use to keep her green till bout the last week or two, I mean the last harvest was succulent and didn't suffer but man did they look naked and sad by the time I was drying. I'd like to try avoiding using anything that has to be ph balanced for ease or grow, so to speak...I've ran many strains that were alot shorter blooming so it wasn't a concern till now. Not really a concern but something in the back of my mind, ya know?

thank you for reading my ? and post.

happydaze

you may be underfeeding your plant or maybe feeding bloom fert with no nitrogen. I find weed to appreciate generous watering, making sure that soil drains well and airs well. I personally believe that the "dry cycle" is rubbish. roots like to be moist and well fed. you will definitely see a big increase in yield when you feed your plants properly. good luck

I am not a soil grower but I would think that you could add in a 1/4 dose of FF's Grow Big with the Bloom nutes when you get about 3-4 weeks into flowering, or when the plants have been in that soil about 5-6 weeks as I have heard that FFOF lasts on average about 5-6 weeks before it's depleted. By adding in only 1/4 strength, you will not be shocking them with "extra" nitrogen, but rather maintaining a supply to them. I don't think that would cause you to have to PH it as you are depending on the microbes to do the chelation anyway. :)

thank you so much Hushpuppy for the reply, I'll try that.

I run fox farm soil and do like hush says...feed with veg ferts a couple weeks into flowering tapering it off around week 2 or 3, depending on flower time.

@ Kloned Ranger, I usually transplant at the flip so wouldn't it be better to let it use up the nitrogen in the soil, then begin 1/4 strength GrowBig? Again this is a three month bloomer....

Sorry bout the silly ?'s but I'd like to hear whgat ppl do to keep their long bloomers green till the finish.

-happydaze

after the transplant, I'd let her go another week or so on 24/0 then flip.. give the roots a little rebuild time lol.
I ran FFOF soil with FFOF lineup, I didn't add the extra N.

happydaze said:
@ Kloned Ranger, I usually transplant at the flip so wouldn't it be better to let it use up the nitrogen in the soil, then begin 1/4 strength GrowBig? Again this is a three month bloomer....

Sorry bout the silly ?'s but I'd like to hear whgat ppl do to keep their long bloomers green till the finish.

-happydaze

Why don't you run a comparison on cuts from the same mother?

One cut switches to bloom fertilizers at transplant.
Another cut switches to bloom ferts 2 weeks after transplant.
Another one mix bloom and veg ferts the first few weeks of flower.

I ran a 85 day cut of lemon Thai for a few months. Once I flipped, I would still run full strength veg nutes for another week or so. After that, it was 1/4 flower, 3/4 veg nutes for another week, then half and half, and so on until I was at full strength flower nutes around week 5 or 6 of 11.

If that makes sense.

What sort of hazes are you running? I love me some haze

it's a jack herrer hybrid which seems to lean heavy towards it's haze genetics...3 months to bloom...

Thanks for the suggestions...

That sounds awesome. I've got a few 100+ day strains I keep around. We start construction on the new house in the next month and I'm personally building a sativa room for those special gals.

that's going to really cool for ya, Kloned, I'd love a separate 1ndi/sat room...lol...

Have a good day KLoned ranger and everyone else who posted.

thanks

-happydaze

zem said:
you may be underfeeding your plant or maybe feeding bloom fert with no nitrogen. I find weed to appreciate generous watering, making sure that soil drains well and airs well. I personally believe that the "dry cycle" is rubbish. roots like to be moist and well fed. you will definitely see a big increase in yield when you feed your plants properly. good luck

I agree with you on the watering. I don't drown them but like to keep my soil moist all the time.

with my photo sensitives I HAVE to water them everyday, they are power drinkers for sure

Latest posts

Back