Kelvin optimum ranges?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widairyfarms

Reaction score
So I am running a small 250w hid light only two plants thinned from four. So out of all the MH bulbs what is the optimum K rating for veging? Are there anything that varies the optimum rating(ie, hydro/soil, nutes, or anything else? I figure there may be many answers but I want to see if there is an actual number. I was wondering if HPS had the same optimum number(I've seen 2000, 2100,2400 ect.)? Height isn't the problem, there is no problem that way but to get anything dialed in better is help I'll take. I would look but over 101 pages of threads I figured it would be easier to ask.
Thank you for all your help
WDF

MH 6500

HPS 2400

I am using 2100 right now as I could not find a 2400 at 1000 Bulbs.com

Just for clarification here, I want to mention that HID stands for high intensity discharge and includes several different lamp types--metal halide, high pressure sodium, and mercury vapor lamps. This is the reason that we say MH or HPS rather than just using the term HID, which includes them all, not just the MH. So while the number of watts is immaterial, the type of HID light that you are discussing is not.

I know what HID means and as far as the types go I know to check the k range first and foremost. I am really clear on k=color=useable light. I am running a switchable ballast.
WDF

Latest posts

Back