Key Lime Tree!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PartyBro420

Canucks Fan
Reaction score
a friend of mine recently had a member of his family pass away, and he had a whole bunch of awesome plants that I couldn't let go to waste since my friend wasn't going to take them.

I'm not entirely sure what they all are exactly yet. There are 3 cacti that are each at minimum 6 ft.

something that looks like a palm tree, or a monkey tree, and the key lime tree.

The key lime tree is DEADLY! it's got sharper thorns on it than a rosebush, and they're not like fins, they're like little pins. HORRIBLY painful to work with sans gloves! haha. Anyway, It is in pretty bad shape, looks like it's been neglected for years, but still in good enough shape that I think I should be able to revive it and maybe even get it to produce some key limes!

I'll take a few photos of it. It was horribly root bound in a 3gal bucket. I transplanted it today into a 15 gal bucket and since the weather is suitable outside I watered and fertilized it and left it outside in the planter.

does anyone have any experience growing key lime trees? or any suggestions or wisdom?

:ciao: PartyBro....becarefull with that Monkey tree as well..it will bite ya...never grew a Keylime hope someone chimes in soon with some help..I just couldnt be the "34" view of this thread and NOT leave a Bump

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Hahaha, thanks! Looking into key lime trees, they seem to enjoy similar conditions to MJ so I'm thinking once i figure out for certain theres nothing in the soil or on the plant that will hurt my crop I might move it in there with them. although I still haven't figured out if 24/7 light would be good for it.

Fortunate, fortunate grower...wish I had me a key lime tree because I shore do love me some key lime soda...Yum!

I've only eaten the pies..:confused2:

The pies are delicious too...as for the soda, try stores that sell Stewart's and Jones because they both make a key lime.

Latest posts

Back