killed my plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShuttyMcShutShut

Reaction score
DOH!!!!!!
So i came home today and found that the air filter for my exhaust fan had fallen off the fan and been resting on my plant(with my plant under it) for as long as 3 hours....DOH!!!! the filter was made from an old shoe box with a big big hole cut in each side and activated charcoal taped over the entire thing, so it wasnt nearly as heavy as a regular filter would be. My babies are 5 weeks old and the one it fell on is about 7" tall. It appears to have only bent the top(top 1" roughly) over to the point of breaking. So i cut it off just below the break with hopes that perhaps it will grow back and maybe only be slightly deformed....or the whole plant may just cease to grow since theres just a stump in the direction that it was growing.....any theories on what will happen? its a major blunder on my part to have ever allowed this to be possible, but it is my first grow and ive already learned a ton(besides, i still have one healthy plant thriving.
'Appreciate the insight

Don't give up, some people go full cycle, harvest and reveg, so anything is possible. Just so you know, I don't think you had to cut it where it bent, maybe unless the stem was mostly severed. It will form a knot and heal on its own, something like a broken leg. I hope she makes it, with care, she certainly could.

hey now you will have four more bud sites. but sorry to here about your girl

yea if i thought i could have gotten away with just leaving it or straightening it, I would have....but it was limp and flimsy past the "bend/break"....maybe it wouldnt have hurt anything but it was like old lettuce so i decided to cut it off and hope for the best

Bummer about your plant getting broke but she should have no problem recovering. ;)

Next time try using a popcicle stick and some loosely tied string... she'll patch herself up unless cut 90% of the way through.

Latest posts

Back