Kindphriend Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice...looks like you have been doing your homework. Not much to add but great job so far.

Well, it is the fifth week in the veg stage. They are showing signs of sex but I honly have alternating nodes on the branches, the stalk has none and doesn´t look like there will be any for at least another week. They are getting kind of big and I am wondering if I am going to have enough space. right now they are just under one foot, which means that they should end up at about 3 feet at the most when I harvest.....right? If that is the case I will let them go for about another week and a half before I put them into flowering mode. Right now my girls are basking in the sunlight so I can give my electricity a break. It is a beautiful 75 degree day here in Barcelona and I have about 6-7 hours of solid sunlight on my terrace, so I am thinking about letting them sit out there more often.....maybe even let them flower there. I know I know...bugs. I am going to keep a close eye on them, but really I have alot of plants on the terrace and none of them have problems, I don´t see why my girls would. But I will be watching. Here are some pics for you folks out there:

CIMG1057.JPG

CIMG1059.JPG

CIMG1063.JPG

CIMG1067.JPG

CIMG1070.JPG

CIMG1072.JPG

WOW Kindphriend...I'm sure you know it, but WOW!!! Those are some damn fine looking ladies.:aok:

Whats going on KP. I see that the ladies were enjoying the sun yesterday and looking great i might add. ;) Whatever your doing keep it up because the ladies seem to be loving it. Great job my friend. :aok:

Thinking about transplanting (see post Transplant help in the Indoor section) but don´t know if I can transplant and change the light schedule at the same time....don´t wanna hurt my babies. Also, I am having a personal issue with the damn humidity level. In my local grow shop the owner was a little pissed about a shipment problem it went like this:

Owner: What is your humidity?
Me: 40%
Owner: Your burning your plants.
Me: but they look good no? (showing him a pic. the ones below in the journal)
Owner: Well, you´d know. What do I know....I´m just telling you that I see. (being a *ick)
Me: So can I wait to put them into flowering or should I do it now?
Owner: Well, your burning them so do it now. You see how the leaves are curling like that....your burning your plants...i mean the bigger they are the worse the heat problem....but what do I know.
Me: ooookkkkayyyyyyyy?????????? (*ICK!!!)

So now I don´t know if I have a problem, or if he was just being a.....well.....you know. What is your opinion?

I think you should wait it out/let them get better if possible.If you put them into flower you'd have to change your feeding cycle or whatever needs to be changed in preparation for flower.If not done right ,those could bring about their own problems.So technically you would be dealing with more problems..if you get what im saying?

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
I think you should wait it out/let them get better if possible.If you put them into flower you'd have to change your feeding cycle or whatever needs to be changed in preparation for flower.If not done right ,those could bring about their own problems.So technically you would be dealing with more problems..if you get what im saying?

I got ya.....mostly, but right now I am adding ferts to the water for feeding. When I transplant them I am only going to give them water cause the guano will be in the soil. So when you say changing the feeding cycle for flowering...i guess I don´t get that part

Hey KP. IMO your plants are looking great and you should transplant them before you flower them. I'm sure you know that you can start to flower anytime after they show alternating nodes, but it is good to transplant them before you put them into flower. As for your humidity, well you can't have everything perfect and I'd be willing to bet that dry air is going to be a blessing when you are flowering them. As for the guy in your grow shop....:bugger:

Okay all you people out there that keep up-to-date with my grow.;) The time has come!!! I´m getting ready for the big switch. Tonight i am going to transplant the ladies into what will be their final resting place. I have taken plain peat moss, spaghnum moss, vermiculite, and bat guano and mixed it up good for them. Then I will give them a light dose of organic BioBizz Veg fertilizers with a bit of B-Complex (see organic question post in Indoor section). Over the past two days I have decreased the light by 2 hours they are now on 16/8, as of Tuesday they will be on 14/8 then finally on Thursday will be the official start of 12/12. Over the weekend I am going out of town:eek: so I am going to have a tough weekend away from my babies.....they´re tough though, i´m sure they be fine. :) After a few weeks I plan to add my bacterial / fungal mix and some molasses mixes for the greater part of the flowering phase. Any questions or comments are welcome as always and here are some pics from today. Enjoy!:D

CIMG1098.JPG

CIMG1099.JPG

CIMG1100.JPG

Hey, jit's duffman, and just as you asked I signed up to see your tastey little plants. I have the best screen name dont you think. Anyways, Im gonna keep an eye on these suckers to be jealous and drool. Ill get back to you soon.

StoneyBaloney said:
Hey, jit's duffman, and just as you asked I signed up to see your tastey little plants. I have the best screen name dont you think. Anyways, Im gonna keep an eye on these suckers to be jealous and drool. Ill get back to you soon.

Nice to see ya on here brother! Hopefully you make it out here soon enough to try some of these babies. Thanx for stoppin by and i´ll be talkin to ya soon!:peace: :48: :fly: :ciao: :bong: :joint: :bongin: :smoke1: :banana: :bong1:

Today is offically week 6 since my girls popped through the soil and today I am switching the light schedule. Here are the heights at week six:
The Spanish Fly ~14 inches
El Niño ~ 13 inches
Jerry ~ 13 inches
Asmara ~ 12 inches
Tonight they will have their first night of 12 hours darkness. They look healthy with the exception of some lower leaves turning yellow and falling off. However, this doesn´t really concern me, the rest of the plant is extremely healthy and robust. After two days in their new soil, they seem to be handling everything just fine. Now the excitement begins!!!!

*NOTE-There is a lightning storm in Barcelona *rare*. The season is changing! he he he

CIMG1104.JPG

CIMG1107.JPG

Last night I got back from my trip. The girls were sleeping so I didn´t want to disturb them, but man did they smell. It´s your typical body-odor/skunk-funk smell. Delicious!!! So this morning the lights came on......what a suprise. My tallest is now about 19 inches, that is about 5 inches in five days!!! Three have their white hairs already (including the polyploid!!!!) and Asmara has what looks to be like leaves instead of pistils???? Strange. Asmara also has alternating nodes on the main stem, the others look like they are not even close. Two of them have deformed leaves (el niño and asmara). Here are some pictures, let me know what you think!

CIMG1328.JPG

CIMG1333.JPG

CIMG1340.JPG

CIMG1343.JPG

CIMG1344.JPG

CIMG1347.JPG

CIMG1348.JPG

CIMG1331.JPG

CIMG1321.JPG

CIMG1323.JPG

CIMG1345.JPG

CIMG1338.JPG

wow kindphriend, they are lookin fantastic!.. i wouldnt worry about retard leaves, we had a couple on our babies, and one on the clone, doesnt do any harm..

and as for the leaves instead of pistils? do you see a cylax? or is it just a leave bunch on the main stem?

the_riz said:
wow kindphriend, they are lookin fantastic!.. i wouldnt worry about retard leaves, we had a couple on our babies, and one on the clone, doesnt do any harm..

and as for the leaves instead of pistils? do you see a cylax? or is it just a leave bunch on the main stem?

Thanx Riz!!! yeah, these are feminized seeds and from what I understand it is sort of like incest or a plant ****ing itself! So that is where the deformities are coming from, but having leaves instead of flowers is worrying me!:eek: Don´t wanna have a plant with a crap load of leaves....I want BUDS!! So yeah, I tried to take a good picture of it below, you can kind of see it if you look close. But I don´t see any cylax only what looks like to be either one single leaf or a small branch from where the cylax should be! What the _______?

Nice bushy monsters! I see a calyx on the opposite side of the leaves on the 'mutant' plant...is that the tryploid? I fear feminized seed but I make my own seed so I keep males...unstable crosses can create lots of weird stuff...sometimes it can turn out special though. Anyway just popped in to say looking muiy bonita mi amigo.:aok:

Eman:ccc:

Elephant Man said:
Nice bushy monsters! I see a calyx on the opposite side of the leaves on the 'mutant' plant...is that the tryploid? I fear feminized seed but I make my own seed so I keep males...unstable crosses can create lots of weird stuff...sometimes it can turn out special though. Anyway just popped in to say looking muiy bonita mi amigo.:aok:

Eman:ccc:

Hey Eman!! Thanx for stoppin by! Yeah, if it´s the upper picture then yes it´s the triploid. The triploid is a confirmed female, but I have another one with deformed leaves that is not. So anyways, I just wanted to say that I totally agree with you on the femizied seeds. Out of 5 seeds I had one sprout with one leaf (died), another is a polyploid, two with deformed leaves, and two "normal" ones that have completely different physical characteristics. I´m just hoping that they don´t turn into hermies on me:eek: !!!!

wow your plants are absolute beauties. if they were human women, you'd have a harem to make sultans jealous. looks like you really know your stuff...it's cool how you can talk to the guy at the grow shop. spain is more liberal with their marijuana laws than a lot of europe, aren't they?

yeah, you have BEAUTIFUL plants...

Latest posts

Back