King LED 1200W LED full spectrum Veg and flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoseyWales

I reckon so.
Reaction score
When using this LED light to flower do i shut off the veg light, or is it intended to use both veg and flower?

Yo Josey -- When U turn off either switch U get half the light -- Leave them both on all the time !

I have a King 1200 LED. It only has one switch(no veg or flower setting). I have never vegged using it. I have a T5 HO fixture I beg under though I don’t see why you couldn’t use it for vegging. It is pretty red though so you might get leggy plants with it. My plants stretch a lot if I go from 24/0 lighting with the T5 to 12/12 lighting with the King LED. I started flowering under the T5 and introduced the King LED later and stretching was much less.

I have some home grown led lights..Its a small grow box so I have about 300 actual consumption watts(as opposed to the lies the light makers tell you) of 3500K leds in veg and I add in 200 wats (actual) of 2700K for flowering...I don't run those during veg cuz the get bog enough already so I just add something to help flowering...I don't know why the makers of these light Put out ** wattage info...Supposed to be equivalent wattage but of what...It just confuses things...My wattage is from a meter that is in the supply line...According to king, that 1200 consumes 235 watts, why don't they just say that....

I have run the King 1200 in my 3x3x6.5 ft tent. It is a little under powered for that size but will work. I added a cheapo LED this grow and am a lot happier with my results. I wish I had the cahones to do the home grown LEDs like 2re has but I grow in my basement and worry I’d burn my house down. Plus, I am cheap and don’t want to buy any more stuff right now.

I have a King 1200 LED. It only has one switch(no veg or flower setting). I have never vegged using it. I have a T5 HO fixture I beg under though I don’t see why you couldn’t use it for vegging. It is pretty red though so you might get leggy plants with it. My plants stretch a lot if I go from 24/0 lighting with the T5 to 12/12 lighting with the King LED. I started flowering under the T5 and introduced the King LED later and stretching was much less.
This light gas 2 switches 1 Veg 1 Flower.

I have run the King 1200 in my 3x3x6.5 ft tent. It is a little under powered for that size but will work. I added a cheapo LED this grow and am a lot happier with my results. I wish I had the cahones to do the home grown LEDs like 2re has but I grow in my basement and worry I’d burn my house down. Plus, I am cheap and don’t want to buy any more stuff right now.
This is my first LED hope i didn't make a mistake. Thanks

I have never seen a King LED with 2 switches. I have a 1200 and a 1500. Both have one switch.

There is probably info from the manufacturer about the switches. Generally you want more light during flower so I would guess both switches would be on during flower and just the veg switch during veg.

I have never seen a King LED with 2 switches. I have a 1200 and a 1500. Both have one switch.
I bought mine based on your recommendation and am quite pleased with it(thank you). I think what we both have are King Plus(if I am not mistaken). Maybe there is a King 1200(no Plus)?

I bought mine based on your recommendation and am quite pleased with it(thank you). I think what we both have are King Plus(if I am not mistaken). Maybe there is a King 1200(no Plus)?

Could be. I love my King lights. Both of them in a 4x4x6.5 tent rock it.

Could be. I love my King lights. Both of them in a 4x4x6.5 tent rock it.
Yep. I needed an additional LED and bought a cheaper on(because it had 2 COB LED’s in it) and I wish I’d spent the extra to get another King Plus 1200 or 1500. My cheapo one is ok and it helps but it seems dimmer than I’d hoped.

Josey- I am betting you will be ok with your new LED.

There is probably info from the manufacturer about the switches. Generally you want more light during flower so I would guess both switches would be on during flower and just the veg switch during veg.
Thanks

Amazon Kingled 1200w plus
Just looked on Amazon. I see the switches. I looked at my history and the King LED I bought links to that lamp with the switches. Must be they changed the design. My recommendation is look at the light(not directly into it but the light it puts out onto the floor) with the veg switch only turned on. If the light seems bluish, I’d try using just that for veg then use both for flower. I have found for me, bluer light makes for stockier plants. With both switches on the light should be reddish/pinkish. They make a good product. Maybe they just found consumers would prefer more control over the color. Hamster may have more input as he may veg using his King LEDs and he grows some massive buds.

I bought 4 of the 1200s in January. They were all the single switch. One of them had a quarter of the lights go out after a month, not sure why, but 3/4 still worked fine. They sent me a replacement for the single switch that had the 2 switches. I assumed they have just stopped making the single switch ones, or I would have gotten one of those to replace the one that burnt out.

When using this LED light to flower do i shut off the veg light, or is it intended to use both veg and flower?
If you turn on two switches, your plants can get more powerful light. Plants need more powerful light for bloom

Maybe you need keep the leds closer to the plants to avoid stretch

I have some home grown led lights..Its a small grow box so I have about 300 actual consumption watts(as opposed to the lies the light makers tell you) of 3500K leds in veg and I add in 200 wats (actual) of 2700K for flowering...I don't run those during veg cuz the get bog enough already so I just add something to help flowering...I don't know why the makers of these light Put out ** wattage info...Supposed to be equivalent wattage but of what...It just confuses things...My wattage is from a meter that is in the supply line...According to king, that 1200 consumes 235 watts, why don't they just say that....

When you buy led , you need check its draw power(actual power), you should not judge the actual power from the name of that led
For example, Mars SP250led, actual power is about 250W but their MarsII1600led, actual power is about 640W

Latest posts

Back