King LED 1200W LED full spectrum Veg and flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have run the King 1200 in my 3x3x6.5 ft tent. It is a little under powered for that size but will work. I added a cheapo LED this grow and am a lot happier with my results. I wish I had the cahones to do the home grown LEDs like 2re has but I grow in my basement and worry I’d burn my house down. Plus, I am cheap and don’t want to buy any more stuff right now.
When you use blurple and red led, 35--50W/SF will be needed for bloom, so you need at least 315W actual power led

Yep. I needed an additional LED and bought a cheaper on(because it had 2 COB LED’s in it) and I wish I’d spent the extra to get another King Plus 1200 or 1500. My cheapo one is ok and it helps but it seems dimmer than I’d hoped.

Josey- I am betting you will be ok with your new LED.
What brand COB you are using? I heard COB need Cree&Osrm chips for better heat dissipation. Is it true? Mars Hydro has promotion for COB: Buy one and get one free

Is it real 1200W? if so, that is so powerful. man. I think it will kill my babies. lol.

I sent MarsHydro a request to test their new white light LED, received an acknowledgment email but nothing else from them. What I did get was a flood of spam to my email almost immediately so they must’ve used the false offer to mine for email addresses to sell.

When you use blurple and red led, 35--50W/SF will be needed for bloom, so you need at least 315W actual power led
Plants are not electrical circuits so actual power or wattage are irrelevant. Plants respond to PAR(photosynthetically active radiation) or more specifically PPFD measured in micromoles per square meter per second.

Yep. I needed an additional LED and bought a cheaper on(because it had 2 COB LED’s in it) and I wish I’d spent the extra to get another King Plus 1200 or 1500. My cheapo one is ok and it helps but it seems dimmer than I’d hoped.

Josey- I am betting you will be ok with your new LED.
Thank you, I hope so i needed an alternative to 600w bulbs, cost is high.

Just looked on Amazon. I see the switches. I looked at my history and the King LED I bought links to that lamp with the switches. Must be they changed the design. My recommendation is look at the light(not directly into it but the light it puts out onto the floor) with the veg switch only turned on. If the light seems bluish, I’d try using just that for veg then use both for flower. I have found for me, bluer light makes for stockier plants. With both switches on the light should be reddish/pinkish. They make a good product. Maybe they just found consumers would prefer more control over the color. Hamster may have more input as he may veg using his King LEDs and he grows some massive buds.

Thank you, i feel a little better. To me they should have a better manual, but you folks here help all the time thanks again.

I sent MarsHydro a request to test their new white light LED, received an acknowledgment email but nothing else from them. What I did get was a flood of spam to my email almost immediately so they must’ve used the false offer to mine for email addresses to sell.
If you wanna test Mars led, I think you need tell them how you will show your testing firstly

Yeah. No. Like I said, I got nothing but an acknowledgment form letter type email from them and then just a flood of spam mail for erection pills, burial insurance, investment advice and letters from Nigerian princes asking for my help in obtaining their inheritance if I only give them my social security numbers and bank account info. It was a scam to get email addresses as far as I can tell. If it was you that suggested it in the first place, I owe you a kick in the shins...

Hey! I have a pair of 1500's and they both have the two switches. I vegged under the VEG switch and just flipped the bloom on when it came time to flower. Great nugs, oily, smelly and not larf. Some larf down below the canopy. Penetration was not the greatest. The nugs above the scrog net were dense.

Next time I flower, I am going to get the lights closer to the canopy. The minimum distance recommended by King Plus is 18”(I think). I am going to go maybe 14 or 16” and do a lot more pruning(I wont use the term defoliation so as to not start that battle up).

It was my first run with LED lighting. I moved the lights down to about 8" at one point. I think it was to much. The largest colas, the ones that were closest, were a touch dry. Not brittle but like they had been baked sort of. I tried to keep up with watering and temps and humidity were in check. I think it was just to much light. The smoke was kinda harsh but still had a good buzz. Made great RSO. I'm happy with the Kings for a while.

I’d estimate my sweet spot/zone was around 3”(maybe a little more) as I got some nice dense purple bud about that far down the stems. The buds were still dense maybe double that but not purple(which I usually associate with cool temps but that was not the case with this grow. The lower buds on the stems were also more likely to be shaded by higher buds and/or fan leaves. So I will see if lowering a couple inches and pruning helps. I know LEDs are known to have lower penetration (depending on manufacturer and it seems you get what you pay for) than HID lamps but I have seen some awesome looking massive buds grown with King Plus LEDs (hamster for example) so I am thinking it is more something I am doing.

Hamsterlewis has some great grows logged here! They helped me make my decision over another manufacturer.
I agree you get what you pay for with these lights. You get a great starter light to see if it's something you want to move into. I'll probably never go back to HID unless I become very wealthy and have money to burn. I also plan to nearly defoliate during flower. seems like the ticket maybe?

my first led had two switches, one for veg and then another for in flower you used both lights.

I did too and got their reply. They asked if i have youtube or ig account. Nope indeed. lol.

Just looked on Amazon. I see the switches. I looked at my history and the King LED I bought links to that lamp with the switches. Must be they changed the design.

In the market, most lights turn to one switch, no veg and bloom more, it's the tendency. They claim that the LEDs are full spectrum for the plants growing at every stage.

Latest posts

Back