Kitten Found Stuffed Inside Marijuana Bong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
OMAHA, Neb. – A man who tried to cool out his hyper cat by stuffing her into a boxlike homemade bong faces cruelty charges — and catcalls from animal lovers. Lancaster County sheriff's deputies responding to a domestic disturbance call Sunday alleged they saw 20-year-old Acea Schomaker smoking marijuana through a piece of garden hose attached to a duct-taped, plastic glass box in which the cat had been stuffed.
"This cat was just dazed," Sgt. Andy Stebbing said. "She was on the front seat of the cop car, wrapped in a blanket, and never moved all the way to the humane society."
Schomaker told deputies 6-month-old Shadow was hyper and he was trying to calm her down. The contraption she had been stuffed inside was 12 inches by 6 inches. Shadow was timid but in good condition Monday at the Capital Humane Society, executive director Bob Downey said.
"What the human mind doesn't invent, huh?" Downey said.
Schomaker, who was released from jail after paying a $400 fine on the arrest warrant, faces drug and misdemeanor animal cruelty charges. He did not immediately respond to phone messages left Monday seeking comment.

bong house.jpg

A kitten is recovering after allegedly being stuffed in a bong while its owner smoked marijuana at the same time.

Lincoln investigators said that 20-year-old Acea Schomaker is accused of animal cruelty for the act.

The kitten -- 6-month-old Shadow -- is being treated at a Lincoln animal shelter.

Deputies said they witnessed the animal being trapped inside the homemade bong as it was being smoked.

“I have never seen anything like this before,” Lancaster County Chief Deputy Bill Jarrett said.

The bong is made of Plexiglas and is about the size of shoebox.

“[It was] taped shut so the cat was exposed to large amounts of marijuana smoke,” Jarrett said.

Schomaker was wanted on a warrant for possession of marijuana. Deputies found him in his home south of Lincoln.

They said he was smoking the bong when they arrived.

Shoemaker allegedly told deputies the kitten was high strung and needed to be put in the bong to keep it calm.

“The cat appeared to be very lethargic, somewhat in a sleeping state,” Jarrett said.

Capital Humane Society officials said they have taken X-rays and done other tests to see if the kitten has any long-term affects from the alleged abuse.

“The individual stated he had done this several times,” agent Bob Downey said.

The shelter workers said they are working with the sheriff's office and the county attorney to get custody of the animal so it can be put up for adoption.

“We'll find a home where it will not be subjected to this type of treatment anymore,” Downey said.

Schomaker was cited for misdemeanor animal cruelty.

That charge could be upgraded to a felony if the kitten dies or has long-term effects from the alleged abuse.

A misdemeanor conviction could mean up to a year in jail time, a felony conviction would put Schomaker away for up to five years.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/brohpq

That is absolutely terrible. You've got to be one serious low life to harm an animal. There is no excuse for being cruel to your pets. This guy should have his balls chopped off for behaving that way!

This is just sick. I love dogs way more than I do cats, but I could never consider doing this to another living creature (unless they asked for it). It's people like this who turn into serial killers and murderers. They don't have any respect for other organisms feelings.

The marijuana part doesn't even bother me... it's the putting of an animal in that small of a space without being able to move or breathe!

hahah it is terrible, but I really don't think he meant n e harm. I think he figured he was just hooking his cat up. HE really should have put vents on it at the least... that cat must have been getting really thick hits.

i wholeheartedly hope this bastage suffers eternal damnation, x10.

yeah thats terrible. why wouldnt he just do it the way i do to my dog. blow slow in front of the nose, my dog loves it. lol. she has the option to move but she stays and breathes deep lol, then she goes and eats food and passes out on her little bed thing.

That is terrible! I'll admit, I may have blown a hit or two toward my cat in the past just to let him try it out, but i would never even consider cramming him into my bong! Not even after catching him munching on my plants! Animal cruelty should never be taken lightly.

well thats pretty mean. but i must atmitte to putting one of my breeder female mouse in a jar an geting it smoked out. the little bart keeped on killing her babies, after the trip to the jar shes been a great breader for my pet snakes lol

Thasts funny wiseguy. A couple of years ago a buddy of mine was feeding his snake and decided to smoke the mouse out for his last night. We put him in one of those lil critter cages and just blew thru the top. I dont even think he cared he was getttin eatin. Snake came over and he didnt even move.

Wow,
that is Cruel
i can admit iv blown
some tokes into my pets
but i never made a contraption
where the animal cant get fresh air
or leave if it wants!
but 1 time i made a contraption
for my pet mouse
where it was similer
but soon as i blew the toke in
id release all the smoke for fresh and new clean