Kleen Xtract

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something to smoke. I guess whatever it comes out to be. LOL

I'll shoot for shatter or wax. Or, just let it dry to hash and see what it's like. I need to read more and see what to do. I want to do this tonight. I am making fresh bread for Easter Sunday and candy (for me). LOL Since I'm in the kitchen all night anyway, I may as well do the QWET.

Hey,
i read the some 19+ pages of them talking about the kleen X...
I have a question for you folks that do this..
in those 19 some pages, i saw someone mentioned using Cured Bud...!!!????
do you folks cure your buds first before you extract?

yes, cured and decarbed. Unless it is an emergency then i decarb and little cure.

Hey JAAM, just lurking to see where this thread goes :48:

I did a QWET a couple days ago. I'll post the results and pics later when I have time.

I did just try some of it. It's a little black for my taste and it tastes like the BHO I made a while back. So far, the only really good tasting hash I have made has been with ice water, Frenchy style.

Back later.

I did a QWET a couple days ago. I'll post the results and pics later when I have time.

I did just try some of it. It's a little black for my taste and it tastes like the BHO I made a while back. So far, the only really good tasting hash I have made has been with ice water, Frenchy style.

Back later.

how long did you leave the KX in the jar with the material? I read that whole thread you posted and they were all using different times and very few pics to show results... How was your yield? after reading that thread I cant see how it could possibly yield better then using tane...

Here are a couple shots and a short explanation of what I did.

I used 190 proof Everclear, not CleanX. They never even replied to my email. I'll send another.

I used an ounce of small buds, grated to a fluffy consistency. Not ground up fine. I use a Cuisinart Food Processor with the grater blade. The pot passes through it once and that's it. It's not beat to death like a grinder. I don't have a pic but I am going to do some ice water hash in a couple days so I'll add a pic when I grate that. Works better than anything I have found yet. And FAST !!! LOL

I put the ounce in a Ball jar and added 1/2 of a fifth of Everclear. Easy shake just to mix is up and let it sit. I ran for 3 minutes and gave it a slight shake every minute.

After three minutes, I poured it into my little setup shown below. It's a bottomless drywall bucket with 2 screens. The first is 133u. Just enough to keep out the big plant matter. The second screen is 23u. The results collect in the glass dish below.

The first run, I let evap at room temp. It took about 3 days until the liquid was gone. But, it is still a sticky mess. I am waiting to see if it dries more tomorrow.

The second run, I put the results in a hot water bath and maintained about 120 to 130F. In about 4 hours, the Everclear was gone and I took the, still tacky dish from the water bath and let the rest dry naturally. I forgot to get a pic of this until I was almost done so that last shot is the dish about 3/4 scraped. Beautiful pattern.

The run that I dried in the hot water bath is about like shatter. I can scrape it and it hard but it is sticky and pliable when you touch it.

Check out the pic with the blob in the screen. This was in the 23u screen on the first run. Didn't appear in the second run. It dried real powdery and it doesn't have any taste at all. Mrs. Hackerman smoked some and said it didn't get her high. Not sure what it is. Through a 60x scope, it looks like a blob of trics.

I don't know the yield yet. I need to finish scraping and let the first run dry more.

I'll add more as I get done.

I did vape some of this. I didn't care for the taste but after about 5 hits I was actually a little high. Rare for me.

View attachment qwet-1.jpg

View attachment qwet-2.jpg

View attachment qwet-3.jpg

View attachment qwet-4.jpg

View attachment qwet-5.jpg

View attachment qwet-6.jpg

View attachment qwet-7.jpg

Sorry gang, I forgot all about this. LOL I found the glass bowl sitting and waiting. LOL

It did harden a little but it was still tacky when I gathered it all together. I got 3.3 grams from this wash (which dried at room temp) vs 1 gram from the other wash (which I dried with a hot water bath). I don't like the feel or taste of this so I may put it in the vac and see what happens. Or, maybe just a hot water bath like the other. I'm sure much of this 3.3 grams is still Everclear.

The second wash (that I dried in the hot water bath) is almost identical in feel and texture to the BHO shatter I made. If you hold it in your hands, you can mold it. But if you snap it, it breaks like glass. This vapes real real nice with my new Nectar Straw but the taste just isn't doing it for me. So far, the best tasting is the hot press that I tried in the other thread.

There are still plenty of trics left on the pot that I washed. However, I don't think it's worth another $20 for a bottle of Everclear. At $40 an ounce to process. And, returns of about 1/2 of the other methods I have tried..... I would say QWET is out for me. If I really liked the flavor, I would reclaim the alcohol and that would make it all worth it.

Right now, ice water hash, rolled "Frenchy" style is my extraction of choice. Hot press experiments are next. LOL

my last batch of bubble i also made "Frenchy" style
including the bottle of Hot water to roll it..
and it turned out great also and smokes so smooooooth....

I've tried making shatter using alcohol and found a quick wash, (about 20 seconds), works best. I start counting the moment I start pouring the alcohol over the material. I also don't grind the buds, just snip where it comes off the stem and then do the same to the buds themselves so as not to expose the waxes that are in the plant material. This will give you a purer extraction. I use Mason jars and quickly put on the cover and gently shake while continuing to count and immediately strain through a regular sieve to quickly separate the plant material to screen later with coffee filters. You get really great shatter with this method.

The washed material goes through a juicer, not so much for the juice but for the resulting pulp as you won't get much juice. I then soak the pulp in alcohol, timing isn't critical, I just want to get as much out of the plant as possible. I then process and use for Canna Caps/edibles.

I just run it through a nylon coffee filter like i'm making coffee, and take off the material at any sign of discoloration. you notably see a drip almost like ink after a short time. i do slightly agitate the material in the filter as it runs through.

I grind my material for best possible solvent exposure. everything as cold as possible for the run. filtered again with paper coffee filter, and purged at 175 deg (using grain alc.)

to me the taste is "washed out" but not bad.

Latest posts

Back