Kurt Cobain's Bong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freerein

Herbalist
Reaction score
I just joined so I thought I'd share this story and a photo and get to know the community here a little more.

Kurt Cobain's Bong?

I have it. My brother found it at his house and gave it to me. He was doing some work there and found behind the waterheater. I was offered alot of money for it but just couldn't sell it. I consider it priceless. There is a little glass thing on the side that has a picture of Peppe' le Pew sp? on it. I have never tried to smoke thru it and it is more of a conversation piece then a smoking device. I am going to put it in a display box with a light someday.

Here is the photos

Cheers

Cobain-Bong.jpg

Cobain-Bong-2.jpg

Way. I am also close friend of the owner of the studio where Kurt recorded his platinum albums. www.robertlangstudios.com I brought the bong there and played thru Kurts special Marshall amp with his settings as a way to celebrate his life and to see if we could bring back his spirit. There are ghosts in that studio. :eek: It was way way cool.

Bukshot911 said:
dude no Fn way you have Kurts bong. theres just no way.

I wouldn't say it was if it wasn't, but, you don't know me, so you'll just have to trust me on this. I don't share this with many people and this place deserves the opportunity to at least see what it looks like. It really is a nice piece of artwork. I need to remain anonymous for obvious reasons.

Enjoy!! :cool:

NO WAY! that's exactly what I was thinking! No F***n way!

thats way better than finding a couple of grams of opium taped to the bottom of a drawer!

that is so cool to have this bong! don't let his x find out!!!!:D LOL

LOL if so keep it as is man there may be some DNA left on it and we can clone him back Jurrasic park style. Kick @$$ :)D) mang that would be one piece id love to have in a collection too.

Dubbaman said:
LOL if so keep it as is man there may be some DNA left on it and we can clone him back Jurrasic park style. Kick @$$ :)D) mang that would be one piece id love to have in a collection too.

This is another reason I would never use it. :D I have it wrapped in a blanket until I build a display case. I want to decorate the case in a way that also will be a tribute to him. I was thinking of pointing a light straight down the moputh piece of the bong so it will shine thru the colored glass ornaments attached at the bottom. I am going to start collecting photo's to laminate on the display case too. :cool:

mojosat said:
<--puts on waders

Ya lost me there. Please explain, oh I get it. I am just a bunch of shite and you need your waders to post a reply. :rolleyes: I certainly don't need to puff up a story like this to get attention. I just wanted to share the photos with those who could appreciate it and if you don't, well go ahead and put on your waders and go shite yourself. :p

freerein said:
I have never tried to smoke thru it
what's wrong man, scared Kurt's gonna come back and get'ya for snatchin his bong?:eek: dude there's enough pics of Kurt partying, if that's his bong there's apic of him using it somewhere...i'd get it to seperate yourself from the rest of the "once in a lifetime, your never gonna believe it!" people runnin around. I actually hope it is his bong cause you sound like you have the kind of respect for Kurt that would be required in owning(stumbling upon shall we say?) such a piece;)

lyfr said:
what's wrong man, scared Kurt's gonna come back and get'ya for snatchin his bong?:eek: dude there's enough pics of Kurt partying, if that's his bong there's apic of him using it somewhere...i'd get it to seperate yourself from the rest of the "once in a lifetime, your never gonna believe it!" people runnin around. I actually hope it is his bong cause you sound like you have the kind of respect for Kurt that would be required in owning(stumbling upon shall we say?) such a piece;)

It's way too big for my lungs plus the glass bowl is broken and I would have to mess with it to make it workable. I am not sure if weed was all that was smoked thru it either and it would be very stale tasting without giving it a good cleaning which would REALLY be the wrong thing to do. This was found after Kirk left us and it would of thrown away by whoever bought the house so I basically saved it for posterity. I am a Seattle native, a musician, producer, and part of the studio that he recorded all his great music so I feel Kurt wanted me to have this and that is why I would never sell it. I was going to get it certified by friends who knew him, but I thought that would be in poor taste so I just leave it alone. It doesn't matter if people believe me or not and like I said I just thought it would be fun to share something like this because it is totally relative to what this forum is all about.

And also, you should get some high def pics of that thing profesional style... And also contact HIGH TIMES IM SURE THEY WOULD WRITE A BIG PIECE ABOUT IT..
FOR REAL THO

Timmyjg6 said:
And also contact HIGH TIMES IM SURE THEY WOULD WRITE A BIG PIECE ABOUT IT..
FOR REAL THO
i thing your doin the right thing by not publisizing(?). Kurt has already been in the pubic enoughIMO...besides, you dont want to come home to a mob, or a couple idiots with a gun and buzz!JMO

No one said that he had to reveal hew he was.. It would just be cool to send in some high def pictures with a little bio. to high times for everyone to admire...

Latest posts

Back