l.e.d 90 watt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hick said:
how many $$'s?? what size area are we talking?

My area is only 22x22 or so. Spent around 100.
40x2w with 10w muscling it or something like that. Forget the projection angles. But instead of widespread, its like each is focused like a maglite. At 18 inches it produces 9500lumens over a 2 foot diameter. With admitting 98% usable light.
Mines a 1x1 square board sporting Crees. I wouldnt buy a UFO type product unless it had Lunex or Cree LEDs in them. Anything else is just a mugging.

thanks for the comments, ive baught a 250 watt hps, cooltube with a mh bulb also. to much negative with ufos. ill post when im getting started

SPEARCHUCKER said:
My area is only 22x22 or so. Spent around 100.
40x2w with 10w muscling it or something like that. Forget the projection angles. But instead of widespread, its like each is focused like a maglite. At 18 inches it produces 9500lumens over a 2 foot diameter. With admitting 98% usable light.
Mines a 1x1 square board sporting Crees. I wouldnt buy a UFO type product unless it had Lunex or Cree LEDs in them. Anything else is just a mugging.

:aok:

Ruffy said:
thanks for the comments, ive baught a 250 watt hps, cooltube with a mh bulb also. to much negative with ufos. ill post when im getting started

Glad to hear it bud. You wont be dissapointed.

hey i was skeptic as well but my partner decided to go ahead and purchase not one but 4 led 3 90 w and a big ol 100 and something watts
i t would have cost us an eye and a leg but we got that ebay discount and it came to about 500 i know its expensive but i didnt pay for it
i been watching this plants grow with tight nodes just like cfls produce it is currently flowering and seems to be loving it i will harvest in about 30 days give or take i will post the results and i am planing on running a clone of the same plant same size with all cfls to see the difference, and another under my 400 watt hps
i got to say i love the coldness of led even my cfls get hot it i put enough of them out
if ur intrested i will start posting pictures in about 2 weeks wen i am close to harvesting

hey montero 420, i think everyone would like to see pics. i know for veg it can be very good. im using a 90 watt ufo on 2 plants and several beans. working great. but no heat and not enought lumens = not good buds, ill be putting my hps in there soon for the flip. happy blooming

i will be putting pictures up and don't buy ufos they suck get some other brand look around do some research mine have like 3 wat leds but i will definitely put pics up i like the way my plant is looking pretty dense as far as i can tell but then again i got 4 lights on one plant

You've got a $500 light set-up and can only grow one plant...or that's all you currently have? If it's the former...OUCH!!!

I liked the line here "i been watching this plants grow with tight nodes just like cfls produce" I'm not a CFL grower, but I'm wagering many here would like to show you how tight an HPS can grow a bud! Not putting down any light system, just amused at this since many here feel (with good reason) CFL's are far inferior to HPS!

I was looking at led grows at a different forum. There a guy that used 3 120 watt leds, powerLeds, actual power used 120 watts 3 watt diodes. They are from sweden, ledgrow.se He said the cost is only $370 a panel and then they dropped to 330 a panel, which seems a good price for a led. 360 watts he harvested 16.5 dry ounces, and from the research I've been doing I'm convinced led bud is more potential, he currently has a 600 watt led grow going. There are some good leds out there, I just wish their web site was in english.

Google Irishboy if ya want to see some good LED grows.

One of his grows....rollitup.org/grow-journals/392541-irish-boys-480w-720w-grow.html

Sucks is I think ya have to be a RIU member to see the pics....:(

Yes the grows I was talking about are in mjp by addicted2grow and you have to be a member to see them.

Roddy said:
You've got a $500 light set-up and can only grow one plant...or that's all you currently have? If it's the former...OUCH!!!

I liked the line here "i been watching this plants grow with tight nodes just like cfls produce" I'm not a CFL grower, but I'm wagering many here would like to show you how tight an HPS can grow a bud! Not putting down any light system, just amused at this since many here feel (with good reason) CFL's are far inferior to HPS!

i am growing just one nice size plant as a test and i got two more of the same plant i took clones before it went into flowering
the clones are just as big as the mother plant was wen i put it into flowering
if things go right ill throw the two into leds if not ill go back to my hps even though it gets kinda hot
As for cfls all i was saying is they produce short plants atleast in vegging i wasent saying their better than hps

Latest posts

Back