L.e.d.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your thinkin Natural eye, its something to look at......
Been away for a few days , The grow journal starts today so dont forget to check out the thread later........

I just read an article in this months Popular Science it said in the future we'll be able to change the color of our walls at home with a switch!

Think about it LEDS in your walls! why not the grow room too!

Sorry Guys Ive been waiting ages for these leds......meanwhile I started to bring on a couple of seeds

PA266149.JPG

They stretch for light I think.......then they seem to stop and grow normal .:confused: The lights are 250mm above the soil the seedling needed to get to 100mm tall before it started sprout real leaves....mmmmmm....ive only got 50 leds in this array maybe its not enough to start growing, we'll see there is no diffuser on these leds though...

PB046182.JPG

Just got a quote back from the British end of POC (for the diffuser see earlier link) . Just a little over the top.....guess they dont like dealing with little people.....below is the quote

Thank you for your enquiry.

The best format would be to offer a 20" square. You'd need to select which substrate and which thickness and indeed which distribution you require.

For example L60P1-20" would be 60 degree performance on polycarbonate 0.010" thick. This product will give 85% or more transmission.

Price for this would be £212.50 +VAT. (£250 or $475)

This price would apply to any of the formats you mention in thin film.

Lead time would be about 3 weeks from our receipt of your order and payment

Thats a hell of alot of money..more than what this project will stetch to.....so
back to the drawing board.....you guys have any ideas???

While you're right about the monitors. I'm not so sure that applies the same to using LEDS for light. For the LEDS are manufactured to produce a specific wavelength of light. And aren't meant to be over powered, and wouldn't get the same effect if under powered? and If your underpowering red or blue to get a different colour, then that's kind of a waste. It would probably be wise to include LEDS of all the wavelengths necessary. BTW Yellow around 525 nm triggers photosynthesis in plants...

okay right-off you probably don't need green LEDs.because the plant's chlorophyll cannot absorb the greenlight
the Red Lake helps with the growth of plants and chlorophyll the blue light copes with the direction of the plant. .

the blue light helps with the direction and mixes with the red to make purple that helps flowering . and the light intensity probably shocked the plant since they would be getting 8 times the lluminescent's they would be from wight light .

but the light dissipates over the distance so it is good to keep the led's around one foot from the plant's closer you might experience erratic behavior such as spontaneous flowering

try using reflective insulation in your enclosure

Latest posts

Back