LA Confindential Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know...I kid...I kid.:hubba: Thank you for the compliment. What did you do after your screen was filled and flipped to flower? did you still train or tie them down to stay below the screen?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yes, he is below the screen on day 3, but this is only because the growth had not reached the screen yet. To be a real scrog, the screen should have been lower or the plant should have been allowed to veg longer to fill the area under the screen with horizontally growing branches. Actually, I don't think the screen served any purpose at all in this grow. It is pretty much a regular grow that would have been about the same with or without the screen. The screen in a scrog is meant to keep the branches growing horizontally (and this plant has no horizontal growth) and at the same canopy level. Then when you flower, you only let the buds grow up through the screen. You end up with horizontal branches below the screen with tons of buds growing up vertically through the screen. There are very very few branches or leaf material above the screen at all.

The growth did reach the screen though, I was puling branches under horizontally for a while. And I think the screen did serve a purpose, I see what you are saying, but the screen at the very least spread out the whole plant, maybe more like a LST. Maybe I went wrong with cutting out the screen to be 2"x2", since I did that it did give the branches more of a chance to grow right up thru instead of staying horizontal once I flipped to 12/12.

Ever since you said it's not really a scrog, i've been thinking of how I can change it to be a real scrog lol :huh:...Lowering the screen is the first thing I guess.

Here's a shot from below, I see what you are saying about not any horizontal growth, although I do think there is some towards the front. whatcha think THG?

110719.JPG

Yes, I would say that either lowering the screen or letting it veg longer would give you more horizontal growth under the screen. I'm not sure that the 2' holes are a problem. I just kept pushing any branches that wanted to grow vertically through the screen back down under the screen. The only thing sticking up through the screen was buds that were growing vertically off the horizontal branches. I think in this pic, you can see some of the horizontal branches where the screen is not entirely filled up: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=89436&d=1227202003

Regardless of whether it is really a scrog or not, she is a beautiful girl that you should be proud of.

I've tied my girls dwn (cuz they're naughty....lol....jk) and achieved an even growing canopy such as you'd get w/ a "scrog"

-Happydaze

In tried LST, but for me, it just doesn't work as well as having a screen over top.

The Hemp Goddess said:
In tried LST, but for me, it just doesn't work as well as having a screen over top.

true dat true dat...

Hey Hemp Goddess, how's yer day goin? Have an awesome weekend.

-HAppydaze

I read somewhere that the person that did their scrog started the screen about 8-10" away from the top of the planter and actually bent the plant over as it grew and ended up forming an "s" curve out of the main stem by constantly bending and working it across the underside of the screen. And then did basically the same thing with the side stems as they grew out. I can see where that would take several weeks to accomplish even a medium grow scrog. For a micro grow, the screen would probably need to be even lower to start bending the plant while it is very small, like 5-6". I would imagine It would be almost like creating a topiary.

Thanks THG, I think I will lower the screen next run. Right now it's @ ~8" ...but the plant actually popped up the center of the screen probably to about 10". I am proud of her :D ...it's my first grow with an actual known strain (last grow was bagseed) and I can't wait to chop her down.

Hushpuppy, if you look closely in the pic I posted above of the undergrowth, you can see where I bent her over. The main stalk is facing out towards the camera so I guess it can be hard to see, but yes next run i'm going to lower and screen and try to get a more even canopy and fill the screen better as well.

Oh and ...I need to re-work my home made carbon filter. I actually may just bite the bullet and buy a Can filter and be done with it. The LA has been STINKING the past few weeks. My scrubber isn't fully cleansing the air.

Day 59 ...in spite of the heat, they're putting on some weight for sure. Top leaves are pretty burnt up tho :(. I'm not seeing much amber yet at all..a few here and there.

110729 (5) - Copy.JPG

110729 (3) - Copy.JPG

110729 (2) - Copy.JPG

110729 (5).JPG

Nice. !!

I grew LA about 18 months ago, i really liked it, i let it go 10 + weeks and still very little amber, i thought that was just my Pheno, all cloudy with a few amber smoked well but only after the cure, but again that was just my Pheno, i will do her again one day.

Thanks dman, that makes me feel a little better. If it keeps up like this I guess I'll chop around the same time :)

We already had experience with 2 different pheno's and the one was terrible...barely yielded anything

Grabbed some shots as soon as the lights went off today, it's been a little cooler lately so things have been goin pretty good, but the heat wave definitely didn't help, check out some of the burnt leaves. She has very dense nugs though:)...I'm gonna chop her this saturday @ 74 days, still very little amber.

110808 (3).JPG

110808 (6).JPG

110808 (7).JPG

110808 (9).JPG

Wow Very Nice Burner.

They are the nicest LA buds Ive seen, much much nicer than my LA.

Those look real tasty bro...they shld smoke real nice. Frosty

thanks gents..I picked a small popcorn bud two days ago and have it drying, I got ancy:rolleyes: what can I say, i'll light it up on harvest day

correct me if im wrong but la con is from DNA and im pretty sure they are near the top of the breeding game. looking colorful there burner:) gotta try their chocolope

Thank you Rose :)

Mountainman - yeah LA con is DNA Genetics, I heard very good things about chocolope, may try and get a few beans sometime soon.

burner said:
Thank you Rose :)

Mountainman - yeah LA con is DNA Genetics, I heard very good things about chocolope, may try and get a few beans sometime soon.

I believe JAAM has grown the chocolope out..maybe he can chime in on it....

Latest posts

Back