Lady Bugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireWeed

Reaction score
I have one little plant that I just started growing in my attic. Now that i Have Light up there Ive been noticing lots of lady bugs. Is this somthing I should spray for or are they not not harmful to my plant. So far i have not noticed them on my plant or eating the leaves or anything they are close to it though bec that is were the light is directed.

i just went through a problem with fruit flies. everything i read (expect what was on here) said to get rid of the "source" of the bugs. for the flies, this was the soil i had my plants in. for lady bugs, it's probably something inside of your attic. try cleaning the attic very well.

and i have no idea if there are any sprays that won't hurt the plants. i searched all over the place for fly sprays that wouldn't harm my plants and couldn't find anything.

Don't worry about the lady bugs. My garden is infested with them. They won't cause any harm. Lady bugs acctually eat bugs that may harm your plants. People that don't want to use incecticides put lady bugs in their gardens. Although they are a pain in the ass, they won't harm anything.

Ok Thanks for that advice i guess i can stop beatin the shit out of every lady bug i see when i go to water.

Lady bugs are sold, to be used as "Beneficial" insects. Meaning ppl pay money to infest there greenhouses, gardens, with ladyvugs. Looks like you got a freebie!! ;)

There is a bug called a potato bug. (at least thats whet my grandmother called em). It resembles a lady bug but they are brown not red. I've seen em tear a regular garden up. I don't know if they eat weed or not. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Latest posts

Back