Lake water to water plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Run off from lawns I would expect to contain lots of nitrogen, but proportionally less phosphorous and potassium. I might be a little concerned about Roundup. They are losing their cancer lawsuit.

Fishy equals stagnant. Stagnant equals moss. If this were a clean spring or mountain stream is one thing but you should get advise above my pay grade.
That makes sense Pute. Maybe it was just a wild thought. I’ll just stick to the water the city provides then. I’d hate to screw up my first outdoor grow. Thanks for chiming in sometimes I can talk myself out of something as easy as I can talk myself into it 😂

Stagnant water kills most fish. If that lake keeps filling up and looks clear it's not stagnant.
It's a god damn weed. Lots of plants grow along the banks of lakes. If it's a shitty lake with shitty looking water then I get it but that's not what I hear you saying.
If your veggies and flowers like it I'm pretty damn sure your weed will grow just fine from it.

You guys are killing me with this scientific bullshit.
I have seen many lakes that smell fishy. My Grandfather was a fresh water commercial fisherman. Know why the water smells fishy. Because they are filled with fking fish. Most fish need oxygen to survive. If that lake has fish it has oxygen and vegetation. Damn near every lake gets runoff from ppl. Go figure. That doesn't mean the water is poison. If it was the fish would die. I know lots of ppl that live on the lake and use lake water to water their yards and plants.
I think sometimes we over think growing weed. I have watered my plants with all kinds of water and you know what killed some of my plants,,a fking DOG.

1652357168695.png

You guys are killing me with this scientific bullshit.
I have seen many lakes that smell fishy. My Grandfather was a fresh water commercial fisherman. Know why the water smells fishy. Because they are filled with fking fish. Most fish need oxygen to survive. If that lake has fish it has oxygen and vegetation. Damn near every lake gets runoff from ppl. Go figure. That doesn't mean the water is poison. If it was the fish would die.
I think sometimes we try and over think growing weed. I have watered my plants with all kinds of water and you know what killed some of my plants,,a fking DOG.
Most toxins and nasty things wont kill ya right away.
Just saying

But there still could be toxins and heavy metals that the plant would absorb without proper testing. I wonder if a lab would do a break down water test and this way you know. But that would cost money, which defeats the purpose .
It wouldn’t defeat the purpose if it turned out to be the perfect ingredient to the perfect weed plant. I could bottle that stuff up and sell it to these folks that would chance buying it to get the perfect weed 😂

Then stop smoking because this planet is full of toxins. You breath it in everyday. I have never fking had a plant die from water from a lake,river,or water hose.
So everybody that has cancer smokes bad weed that was watered with toxic water?.
Anyway to each his own.

It wouldn’t defeat the purpose if it turned out to be the perfect ingredient to the perfect weed plant. I could bottle that stuff up and sell it to these folks that would chance buying it to get the perfect weed 😂
Check your local water company and see if they do free water testing
And submit a sample

That’s why I’m thinking it may be good for the plants especially smelling like fish… I’m gonna do a ph and ppm test just for sh it’s and giggles to see how close it is to what I need. I’m sure the water would contain algae and whatever is in the lake. The water is very clean to look at with the naked eye as you can see the fish swim by but I’m wondering is there anything that would hurt the plants. Come to think of it I watered my garden with this water just about every time we watered the grass last year when the hose was in the garden area. My peppers and eggplants didn’t seem to have a problem and grew very productive… I have a feeling it would be better for the plants than the stuff that comes from the city
No chlorine or chloramine in that water so it is likely better than city water. As one member put it though, you want to know what is upstream. I would think if there was industrial toxins, the plants that live along it would be sickly looking but the banks of the river look pretty dense and happy.

27 bucks at amazon
Might help give idea of what you are working with
View attachment 296631
Wouldn’t know what to do with the results. I’m sure the water is not safe to drink so this kit appears to be for that and not plants. It would probably show up all kinds of red flags for drinking water as I’m sure there is lake sludge in it.

Latest posts

Back