Lake water to water plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just not during a thunder storm.
200.gif

Try drinking some of Putes tea he feeds his ladies with. Report back if you can.
To be Honest
I am still Very afraid to drink anything he offers me .
Might be very high in Nitrates and urine colored

But I hear tell he has feed it to his plants at one time doing experiments

I don’t know it’s a small but beautiful lake with no litter and used routinely all summer. ecoli maybe from swimmers pooping maybe? I don’t think anything industrial empty’s there maybe runoff from lawns and fertilizer tho.

It is what it is and since it is uncontrolled, that changes with time.

I would send a sample into the lab first to check for chemistry, and periodically check to make sure nothing changes, but my best guess is that it is fine.

Testing is relatively cheap and pH testing cheaper yet. We once got the bright idea of using our dehumidifier water to water plants without checking pH and made some sick.

Besides chemistry and pH, I would check for coliform bacteria.

Looks like the trees and shrubs like the water. Hasn’t killed the grass either, right? I’d probably use it myself but I’d look into what kind of pollutants. Ecoli? Industrial run off? That is what I would look for.
I've used river water, probably works for outside grows? I don't think it would work well in potted grows. Who knows, give it a try. I just use RO, but may not be feasible for large outdoor garden.

Bubba

I've used river water, probably works for outside grows? I don't think it would work well in potted grows. Who knows, give it a try. I just use RO, but may not be feasible for large outdoor garden.

Bubba
I would be concerned about using it indoors as well but mainly for the bugs/bug eggs that may ride in with the water.

Now that y’all got me totally confused… 😂
i think I’m just gonna play the safe card on my four legal plants and use the city water. Now I will have a few clones that I’m getting ready to take from these plants prior to sinking them in the ground. maybe a couple of them will find their way down to the lakes edge to see how they do. You know, just past my property line behind the jungle next door? There is not much sun there but a lot of growth so might be fun to lose a couple down there just to see what happens.

Latest posts

Back