Lake water to water plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottom line....if you don't mind....if I was growing indoors... don't bring pond water inside. Outdoor is another story.
Yes had never intended to bring it inside to worried about all the critters that would come in with it but outside the critters are already there but still putting more critters on the plants sounds risky since I really have only watered my vegetable garden with it. Probably wouldn’t hurt but don’t want to jeopardize the plants. If it would be a gorilla grow, I may feel differently tho…

Now that y’all got me totally confused… 😂
i think I’m just gonna play the safe card on my four legal plants and use the city water. Now I will have a few clones that I’m getting ready to take from these plants prior to sinking them in the ground. maybe a couple of them will find their way down to the lakes edge to see how they do. You know, just past my property line behind the jungle next door? There is not much sun there but a lot of growth so might be fun to lose a couple down there just to see what happens.
LOOK WHAT THEM DARN DRUNKEN LAKE KIDS DID.

remember old Reibsi who had some of the finest outdoor grows around?

pond water was all he used

my vote is I would use the water , after I did at least a Ph test on it
WWBD? So big would use the water? Now that just might change everything for me…😁. I’ll at least do a PH test to see what it reads…

I wouldn't be too concerned about coliform. It's abundant in cow poo and bat crap that people use for fertilizer for all sorts of plants.

It will most certainly have coliform, but the question is how much and what kind. The city checks our local recreational lakes and shuts them down for swimming when the coliform levels get too high.

While the plants wouldn't care, you would be getting it on your hands and clothes handling it.

SG, you might check with your municipality to see if they do any periodic checks of the lake for water quality.............................................

Latest posts

Back