Lame Brained Idea.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Well, I was reading cannabis culture and Marc Emery on the overgrowing the world bit. Well I thought about this. He has it all wrong. hahahahaha
The idea is there but.....
Who wants to pay 15 dollars for ten seeds and plant them all over. When you get a ton in commercial weed for free. So I thought even more. Now thats scarey. :eek:

Well here is my lamed brained idea.

What if everyone. I mean every one started pulling a Johny Potseed this spring. Just started chucking seeds everywhere. Parks, roadsides, woods, feilds, public land, forests. where ever. I mean EVERYWHERE. Just the bagseed none of us would grow anyway. Just throwing them everywhere.

Now the math:

Lets say the 1000 members on this site threw out lets say 100 seeds a peice.
now thats 100,000 possible plants. Now take into account non-germinating, and ones that just die from envirnment. lets say we lost 75%. That leaves 25,000 plants. Ok let them grow never harvest pull males or anything. Let them just procreate. Well If those 25,000 plants actually make it then it will re-produce a few more thousand seeds and drop for next year. Then re-do the process next year in different spots.
Well, Imagine how many there would be?
This is not including having freinds do the same and having non-cultivators just throwing seeds out all over the place. Would this not become a real Overgrow situation? Let Mother nature do the work.

Now I know the first responses would be what about hermies? or what about this and that. but they are there no matter what we do. leave it to the breeders to hook us up with the good strains. How would the govt. even control it? yes the quality wouldn't be there. but how could they control a mass growth situation which would involve specialized chemicals that don't affect humans or legal crops? I don't think it could be done.

Edit:
For the OD growers life would get tough. cross pollenation and things. but just keep tha planting close to civilization. leave the remote places for the OD growers.

Edit again:
The more I think about this wouldn't it cause a massive decrease in the quality of pot? Or would things just get bad then better? hmmm??? need input on this one.

me and my friends acctually do that all the time.. walkin down the side of roads in in people fields.. just about everywhere. we like to give back to nature what it has given us. So yeah it's not such a bad idea.. just spread some of your bag seed love.. i mean your right quaility might not be there in such but it would be harder to say no to something when it's growing wild everywhere.. Lets do it Mutt!

The idea is great in theory, but come on your asking a lot for a little. I have thrown seeds in the woods on road sides at the beach all over, I have notice that most of the seedlings dont servive the conditions.
well i live in a place that ther weed grows on the sides of the roads on a long side the train tracks. their are plants by the thousands, but you cant smoke em if you try they will only give you a big headac.

i suppose when you put it that way yogi.. but think of it this way scout up some good spots.. where conditions for plant growth are good... where they'll get a decent amount of sunlight a decent amount of water you know all that good shit right.. It would work..

I not saying it is imposable, may be improvable would be the word I am looking for.
I would be down to do it anyway but if it starts with us it would have to become a tradition amongst all growers to make this happen. A few times a year growers will have to save up seeds and then place then all over their state or even their neighborhoods. I could see this working if it becomes a tradition like 4/20. we would have to promote it on the MJ sites and magazines.

this is a good idea but i have a feeling someone would think of something, like when we had the outbreak of west nile and they just started spraying shit all over the place to kill the mosquitoes*. its worth a shot though, count me in.

Thus the name of the thread. LAME BRAINED IDEA.

Hey, like I said. Not saying to do it. Not saying not to. but if you had weed in the parks and everywhere it would have to call attention.

WEll count me in on this idea.. i already do it with my bag seed...

Hell count us in too, my hubby already has a butter bowl half way filled with seeds. I'm sure there's thousands in that damn thing. :)

It's amazing how well they'll take off in almost any conditions. I just bought a 1983 dodge W-150 pickup truck, it's an old forest service 4x4. The window seal on the driver side leaks a little bit when it rains hard, which it rarely does. I'd had it for about a week and one day there was a sprout almost an inch tall growing out of the crack between the floormat and the door. He was really rooted down in the old dirt that was stuck there. Resilient little things.

I was wondering, why not put them in public places like home depot pots outside the store were there will be constant water. And not only there but those trees u see on the side of the road w/ sprinklers. I don't know i'm high and all for it.

hey AZshwagg....you got it right man....thats where me and the hubby get our nephew and his pals to plant seed...in all the planters down the main drag here...and around the planters at the public parks and such

did it last year...and have been saving all bag and immature seed to do it again this year :D

how would we be able to get this message out to everyone whos down for it

Like Yogi said, how did 4/20 get out. ;)

I see it sorta like how the pitching system in Major League baseball due to the "expansion team" theory, now there are sub-par pitchers in the majors that never would of had a chance otherwise. Quantity is not always the answer. I believe quality is. I mean...who goes and watches minor league baseball anyways?( IMHO)

Marijuana needs at the very least water at least 2x/week.

Without soil prep and nutrients it will grow poorly.

Pot can sprout under conditions under which it will not grow more than a few inches.

In many cases anyone who finds it--from misguided do-gooders to kids--will rip it up.

Not as much as their used to be, pot growing along side major highways that have sprinkler systems and landscaping was common. People used to clean their pot on the freeway and toss the seeds out the window. Under the ideal conditions they do quite well.

Pot growing in people's front yards, at garden centers, etc, will get ripped up as soon as possible.
And you'd be hard pressed to find an area where plants will grow that don't already have pot gardens, and pollen can carry at least a mile.

If the cops see pot springing up in a certain neighborhood they'll poke around, not a good thing for people with gardens.

My recommendation--if you find an ideal place for pot to grow, where it will remain unmolested, prep the soil and tend them and end up with ounces per plant.

Latest posts

Back