Large Bottom Leaves Rolling Over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dogsummerday

I have 1 outdoor plant...about 18 inches tall...very green and full of leaves and new sprouts at the top.

This morning I discovered that overnight the two largest leaves(near the bottom) had rolled over. Not curled up at the ends but almost completely rolled over.

Facts:
Started with a seed in a small planter cup on my back deck. Transplanted @ 2 weeks ago to a 30" deep hole filled with Miracle Grow potting soil (didn't read here first). Also sprinkled in the soil is a time release nutrient. Did the same thing last year with pretty good results.

I water every morning...sometimes with caught rain water...sometimes with sprinkler system...sometimes with 'Deer Park' bottled water.

Has a wire mesh cage around it to keep bunnies from eating it.

It has been very hot here...98 - 100F the past week.

Any thoughts...? Should I be worried...? Can or should I do something...?

Welcome to MP. IMO nothing to worry about the lower leaves always die off first. Mine do it all the time.

ill be the 1st to admit , rolled over leaves is a new 1 to me . sorry cant answer that 1 but however i have read that timed released ferts ussually release when watered and you water everyday ,. not good even if im wrong about that you could be causing root rot . and another thing it will be normal for your lower leaves to start to turn yellow and dye out from lack of sun unless you have practiced a little low stress training where you buckle the plant over and tye it down so the sunshine will bless it too.. but i do hope someone else can help you with the leaves even though there not gonna play an important roll at this time unless it works it way up the plant . gl.

didnt see your reply brother g. maybe i type to dam slow lol.

Everything is OK now. I think I may have overwatered due to the extreme heat.

I didn't want the little girl burning up.

I backed off and didn't water her yesterday and everything is looking great.

I'm going to get a pix when she flowers and share what I've got.

Thanks a bunch...You guys are Great...!

gl. ds also its not to early to show us pics now if you wanna .

Latest posts

Back