Las Vegas 3-Strain grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leastofthese

Reaction score
Well its called the las vegas grow because I am gambling on not having any more low temps!!! Tested light fans and temp gauge I am as ready as I can be without waiting for higher temps at night.

just in case no on knew these are all autos!!

I chose to grow in my four green containers in the back of the pic white dwarf by the suggestion of hampsterlewis his good fortune with this strain convienced me and the rep that it is a easy grow for more or less first timers. This is my second grow and through the help of this forum I have learned much.
The two red containers on the front left are loaded to blast off with two russian rocket fuels!!(huh! red containers RRF must have been my flying eagle subconscious)
The two beige containers on the right are loaded with a fem short stuff mystery kush! which I have no idea what that means, they were free so what the heck.

I have taken the germanation tech from a poster on the site they claimed 100% success and that is alot better then my past attempts at germanation.

I am running my 400watt HPS 24/7 for now to combat temps at night hopefully after the 3 or 4 week veg state I can cut them back to 18/6. I took the advice of those of you who felt I didnt have enough highth for the grow so I am prepared to go higher with my light and box if needed. I believe I will have 4-6 weeks before I will know if I have to go higher.

last and final I am hoping for 50% success I optimistic of 100% but we do have to be realistic dont we!! I have read the post on how to guarantee a higher percentage of females and will apply the posters advice.

well say a prayer and hope the grow is successful I do appericate all the advice from everyone on the site and this is your grow as much as mine!!

thanks

least

these are those took the time to return my messages and personally gave advice thanks;
hampster lewis
artvandolay
legalize freedom
don jones
there were many more that replied to my post and I recieved very helpful advice I appericate the sharing of all your years of experiance!!:watchplant: :woohoo:

Some perrty good mentors ya got there! Green mojo to your auto's! Nice selection BTW.

hey man, this is the place to be if you wanna grow some good stuff. keep the updates comming, and ask for advice, no question is stupid. we all started from scratch. Loola

update this is the 5th day of germanation and the last seed broke broke ground todays pm. if it matters or not the majority of the seeds broke ground in the pm. I have to give all the credit to JBonez his procedure for germanation was perfect. thanks for your time and effort I never had much success witht he paper towels it was probably just me, but for me it made it simple! http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32172

since I bought a 400watter with a digital ballast and got a MH bulb along with a HPS I figured I ought to put the MH to work.

I will be applying some of the advice from Mutt on his how to produce mostly females from standard seeds. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1974

so far so good on the temps the night time I can keep it at a steady 65 deg and the daytime has been hovering around 73-75 but the days havent got above the mid 60s yet hoping I can keep those temps through the 3rd and 4th weeks like mutt suggests. night temps are are solid because of a small heater I have that keeps the outbuilding from dipping intothe 30s. I can turn the fan off in the box and and the temps stay solid!

havent used hemp goddesses cooltube dyi yet but am planning to.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30420&highlight=scrog

didnt see any reason in showing pics you have all seen seeds break ground hopefully I will have some great pics like degenerative dics great success on his grow!
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53610

thanks all for your help will report back when I have something to post about!!

peace

well fourth day above ground though I would post something one of the white dwarfs looks a little droopy hope its nothing to be concerned with. I would guess its either lights or water. have been watering every three days if anyone thinks this is to much or not enough just let me know!

DSCN2559.JPG white dwarf

DSCN2558.JPG white dwarf

DSCN2557.JPG white dwarf

DSCN2556.JPG white dwarf looking droopy

DSCN2555.JPG short stuff fem mystery kush

here are the rest I am probably doing something one shouldnt by comparign my grow to wallys but I can only hope mine look as good as his did at 8 days. my temps have been running lower then he had his mine just got into the 80s today. mostly been in the mid 70s and low 60s. got some cold weather moving in the next few days hope I can keep the temps up got the old heater going. this part of the grow is going to cost a few bucks hope I can pay the electric bill before the wife gets to it!! oh yeah these pics looked alot better in paint when I streched them down!!

thanks for the help

least

DSCN2554.JPG short stuff mystery kush

DSCN2553.JPG russian rocket fuel

DSCN2552.JPG russian rocket fuel

You've come a long way, least! The little ones will be fine :). I have a mystery kush about 5 or 6 weeks (I forget but have it in a spreadsheet) along. It has more trichs on the fan leaves than rrf and hbd :hubba:

Looking good Bro...what kinda soil are you using? Looks a lil Barky....lol

ArtVandolay said:
You've come a long way, least! The little ones will be fine :). I have a mystery kush about 5 or 6 weeks (I forget but have it in a spreadsheet) along. It has more trichs on the fan leaves than rrf and hbd :hubba:

thanks art that means alot coming from a pro like you, if I can get by the next three days they will be ok were having a bit of a last cold front of the year and it is getting down to the 20s tomorrow morning! I believe I can keep them above 60 at night so hopefully all will be well!

Hamster Lewis said:
Looking good Bro...what kinda soil are you using? Looks a lil Barky....lol

man!!! an expert grower and a comedian as well good to see you have a back up plan if you get laid off! :D I know what you mean shoot my dog digs up stuff that looks like that in my back yard!! sure could have saved money and let the dog do the work!! Ill tell you i am a little concerned about that barky mix! its is an MG organic w/nutes for blooming mixed 75/25 with some scotts topsoil they were both suppose to be stick free but someone forgot to tell the guy that filled my bags!! havent quite decided if they hold water well I can push my finger about a half inch down and come back with dirt clinging to my finger so I guess they are holding water!
watering will be my downfall I I can seem to come up with a schedule. I watered everyday when they were germanating and have good to every three days since. the top soil on some of them looks more dried out then others so I give them a littled squirt depending on their look. my meter says most of them are ok but I guess it is just a paranoid thing this is my first grow with serious product and i dont want to mess up!!

I havent found any place local that carries the stuff alot of the soil growers use, but will keep looking maybe by the next grow I can have something better or if this works out why change a good thing.

let me ask you guys do you think I have to many plants for my one 400 watter? they are as close together as I can get them.

thanks for the comments and the laugh I figured someone would pick up on the yule gibbins mix!!!:) shoot if nothing else works I can build a raft and float out of here on the next big rain!!

Let the soil dry out to the point where you need to water.
-Lift the dry pot. Then water. Then lift the watered pot. Youll start to get a muscle memory of when to water.

I cant find the optimal soils either, but I found a potting mix that only feeds for a week. Try to stay away fromsoils w/ time release nutes.

Latest posts

Back