last couple questions before i go make my edited purchases.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBGrowin

Reaction score
ok thanks for all the previous help i still dont understand one thing...if i go to home depot and they sell 400w and on the box its labeled HPS does this automatically mean it will work for growing? becuas ethey sells these for around 20 dollars. if these would work i was going to pick up two, but my other question is what type of light fixture do i need to get cus the highest i could find said for 150 watts.. so i didnt no if theirs a conversion factor or anything but that seems awfully low.

if this will not work i was gunna go with 4- 42w-cfl's and a 70 watt hps security light...would this be sufficient for the entire span of the plants life?

..a 400 watt HPS requires a 400 watt ballast,.. which HD doesn't stock. That is however the right spectrum(bulb) for growing.
4- 42w-cfl's and a 70 watt hps security light...would this be sufficient for the entire span of the plants life?
depends on the size of your grow. Use 50 watts HID (or 3,000 lumen) per sq ft. as a general "rule of thumb"

thanks alot i got 2 42 watt cfls and am goin back for 2 150 watt hps lights. this is gunna be for 4 plants not sure the actual size of the room

Latest posts

Back