Late, better than never.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomieDaGrower

Hillbilly Emeritus
Reaction score
I guess I am getting a late start on this grow journal, but I guess late is better than never. I currently have a test grow in my new flowering tent, making sure that I have things lined out for my higher priced genetics.

First I have an Ice, by Nirvana. She really looks to be more of a sativa than Indica, though the seeds were marketed as mostly Indica. I will post a new picture this evening, after my light comes on.
Next is the Blue Mystic, also from Nirvana, which really does grow more like the Indica she was marketed as. I took some cuttings of her and rooted them. I gave a few to a friend, who was growing autos, and really was a huge auto fan, until he saw my results with photos. I kept one cut, of her.
I was also growing a Papaya, but it turned out to be a male, so I pulled him.
After pulling him, I went ahead and put the cut from the BlueMystic, in the flowering tent as well.
On Deck, I have three Larry OG, which are now in their fourth week of veg. I plan on taking four cuts of each, to start rooting, before flowering them.
I will post pictures of all the plants, this evening when the lights go on in the flowering tent.

For soil, I am using roots organic. For Nutrients, I am using Fox Farms Trio. I am growing all of my plants in 1 gallon Mayo jugs, and the cut is in a 2 liter coke bottle. I know I should be using something else for pots, but they seem to work well so far.
Have a great week

HomieHogleg

Hey homie :ciao: I'll pop a squat here in the corner, if u don't mind. Giddyup!

Thanks for stopping in. I hope to do these justice. This is my first attempt since my wreck, and I have never completed an indoor grow. But I am finding it is not much different than the outdoor growing I have done, except for the scale.
Have a great week
HomieHogleg

Snapped a quick pic of the three Larry OG, while I had them out to water.
IMAG0258 (Custom).JPG
I should be taking some cuttings in a week or so, and then I will let them recover a bit before popping them into the flowering tent. Hopefully I will have the Ice out of the flowering tent, by the time they have recovered.

HomieHogleg

Lookin real good there, Homie. Keeper up :aok:

HomieHogleg said:
Snapped a quick pic of the three Larry OG, while I had them out to water.
View attachment 183789
I should be taking some cuttings in a week or so, and then I will let them recover a bit before popping them into the flowering tent. Hopefully I will have the Ice out of the flowering tent, by the time they have recovered.

HomieHogleg

Looking good. However, I am curious how you are going to get those Larrys out of those barrel shaped containers when it comes time to transplant? Are those the ones that have been vegging 4 weeks?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Looking good. However, I am curious how you are going to get those Larrys out of those barrel shaped containers when it comes time to transplant? Are those the ones that have been vegging 4 weeks?
Like I said,
I am new to indoor growing, and have not thought everything through. Yes these were planted just before Christmas, so actually just a tad over three weeks. Now that you mention it, I might better score the sides, before the roots get too close, so I can just rip the sides out, when it comes time to transplant. I have a hand held sewing machine, made for sewing leather,that I believe may score the sides enough for me to rip the sides out. If not I will just deal with diminished yields on these plants, and put the cuttings I take from them into my 3 gallon dirt bags, which should be in this week. Dirt bags are supposed to be cloth bags which allow for air root pruning. I would appeciate any feedback, as I am new to this inside growing.
Thanks for any helpful suggestions.
HomieHogleg

Well,
I told Ya'll I would post some pics.
Here is a shot of my flowering tent.

IMAG0261 (Custom).JPG

Here is my ice plant, that I call my Ice princess.
IMAG0263 (Custom).JPG
And here is a picture of the Blue Mystic.
IMAG0265 (Custom).JPG
I also took the Ice out of the flowering room, and took a pic.
IMAG0269 (Custom).JPG
But of course, my batteries in my camera died before I could take more pics.

The Ice went into flower on the 15th of December, the BlueMystic, on the 26th of December, and the clone of the Blue Mystic, was put into flower on the 14th of January.

Have a great week
HomieHogleg

They look really good, excellent job,

you say your new to indoor gardening, well your got off to a great start.

what are you using for lighting in veg and flower

I am using a 2' 4 bulb T5 for veg, and a 400 watt aircooled HPS for flowering.
My flowering space is 32"X32"X72" tent. The ventilation is a 425CFM Duct fan 6", pulling through my light. I have a filter, that I haven't hooked up yet, because I need some more ducting. But it is in my workshop, that no one goes near but me, and my buddy that is helping me.
I am really happy with the results, but I am worried that she might get rootbound, in her one gallon jug. But she isn't showing any signs yet.

Thanks for looking in.

HomieHogleg

Your flowering plants look great! I could never get Nirvana's Ice to do anything for me--good job!

Thanks THG,
I can only say that I must have gotten a great phenotype, because I really have no clue what I am doing indoors.
I am using Roots Organic potting mix, Fox Farm Trio, and a sample of an Michorizzie (SP) Great white, that the guy at the hydro store gave me. I am guessing that I am still 4-6 weeks, from finishing, but only the Trichs will tell me when. I am working on an amended soil, so I don't have to buy high end potting mixes. I am afraid the soil I make for my outdoor grows will be too hot for indoors, but I might just cut it down with some sunshine #4 I watered today, with 1 tbl of Molassas, per gallon of water, and hope that the microbeasties are happy. Thanks for all the info I have been reading on these forums. It appears, that I might be able to get a handle on this indoor stuff after all.

Thanks Again
HomieHogleg

It has been a bit since I updated, so I decided to tonight/This morning.
The Ice is bulking up, and most of the trichs are cloudy, but she keeps throwing more pistils out, and bulking up.
IMAG0289 (Custom).JPG
The Blue Mystic, is really starting to flower in ernest, and is going to out produce the Ice, by the way she is going.
IMAG0291 (Custom).JPG
The whole tent is looking good.
IMAG0292 (Custom).JPG
But My larrys, have gone apesStuff, and I am hoping I didn't veg them too long.
IMAG0288 (Custom).JPG

I will be taking cuttings from the Larrys tomorrow, and putting the potential mothers in to the flowering tent. The Blue Mystic clone, will be moved to my neighbors flowering room, as he has just pulled a plant, and has the space. Hopefully, I will be able to get my timing right, but for now, it is good to have great neighbors.

HomieHogleg

Well,
I chopped the Ice plant last night. After trimming, I had 289 grams wet. I am guessing that it will be a third of that dried. So around 3 zips. Not bad for a plant grown in a 1 gallon mayo jug. I didn't weigh the popcorn buds, as I will be using them, and my trim, for bubble hash. Here is a pic, of the top, after I trimmed her. IMAG0309 (Custom).JPG
I should be pulling the Blue Mystic, in a 10-14 days. As soon as her Trichs get 10% AmberIMAG0319 (Custom).JPG
I will still have the Blue Mystic clone flowering, and my 3 Larry OG, have yet to show sex, so I am keeping my fingers crossed on them.

Have a great week

HomieHogleg

That Ice top cola is top shelf calibre, man. :aok: You've done a wonderful job at your intro into ganja gardening. :clap: Keeper up, can't wait to see how yer larry's turn out.

Nice job bro....1/3-1/4 is usually how my wet winds up dry.

Thanks for the kind words. I am looking forward to trying some of this Ice plant. I do know that the Hash turned out great.
Thanks HL for the dry weight range, I was thinking that it would be around 1/3rd of wet weight But all I have to go by is outdoor grows i have done in the past.

Thanks to all the posters here, I am completing my first indoor grow successfully.
Thanks Again
HomieHogleg

its sad but one rule i go by is about 65-75% of weight is lost during drying/curing :(

a very nice post about it here hxxp://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/284294-how-much-weight-lost-drying-marijuana.html

Latest posts

Back