late bloomer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

high_man

Reaction score
hey guys just need to know something how long into flowering do the plants start growing bud i have plants that are 2 weeks into flowering but i can only see the starting parts of the flowers a friend of mine has his plants in 2 weeks flowering too but he has bud all over his plants (nice big ones) how come my ones are so slow am i doing something wrong or are his ones just fast bloomers and will this affect my end product and will it take longer to finish cheers (they were vegged till pre flowers showed about 5 weeks)

some are slower than others, you will really notice a huge difference at the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th week.........

Also, check what differences you and your bud are using to grow.

Examples:
loving care as opposed to a perfunctory visit every three or four days.
Cfl vs HID
nutes
soil
Etc.
Etc.

some people will wait a month to give their first nutes, so if thats the case dont worry, but id start givin them some now...do some more research on this site...tons of info, if ya look for it...........

Hey himan, if you and your friend are growing the same strain...and his are busting out well ahead of your own...the difference is the overall environment in which the two gorws are occuring.

The only way two people growing the same strain are going to get day to day exactly the same amount of growth is to have thier grow space be carbon capoies of one another.

Same light, same distance from the lights...same temps...same grow medium and containers, same nutes, same feeding schedule and amounts fed.

Otherwise, no two different environments are going to net the same day to day results.

ok so mine must be slow his plants are way smaller then mine his is around 13 inches now and mine are about 26 inchs (i vegged mine under MH lights for 5 weeks and he did his under fluro for about 3) and iv been using nutes for the whole time no problems the plants are healthy from what i can see, but is it normal for a plant to still not show hardly any flower growth

Are they in 'total' darkness during lights off?..a light leak can delay flowering, as can an over abundance of nitrogen.

im using a 400w HPS bulb and ballast, there is no light leak i locked myself in the room when i started and there is no light coming in from anywhere but i will check agian on monday to see if anything has changed, is there a way to test for excess nitrogen or is flushing the only way thanks for the help guys, ill take some pics on monday and post em up so u guys can see what i mean they finally starting to flower i can see pistals but this is almost 3 weeks into it, and will this push harvest time aswell, cheers

i wouldnt swet it, You have better light than him an thats prob why yours are taller, took my last endeavor awhile to show its sex and i was wonderin too, but when it did....wow...took off, check my journal,,,,and now they like huge bobbers...bobbin in the wind

the same strain eh? hhhmmmmm and what kinda seed? could be a unstable strain and he got 1 pheno and you got another. this can be seen even in clones. the bc GODBUD is famous fer it. you could have the sativa side and sometimes 3 weeks is nothing. as long as ya got 12/12, dont worry.

lol the funny thing is that they are his clones lol(just brought up differently different soil and nutes), he took the clones from the same mother and gave me 1 of each strain haha, i guess i shouldnt worry too much they starting to show some progress now ill post pics up soon and you guys can tell me how they doin for 3 weeks into flowering, cheers guys your help so far has been most appreciated, just one question though do larger plants take longer to flower then smaller ones because the smaller ones get more light throughout the entire plant, the larger plant has bigger leaves and covers more of the plant itself and get less light penetrating through the canopy

No, flowering time will not be affected by plant size.

alright dude here are some pics i took of them yesterday what do u guys think they are now 3 weeks into flowering
P1010181.jpg

P1010177.jpg

the left one is the shanti shiva and the right one is black domina they are both about a metre tall i think
P1010175.jpg

very, very nice. top notch, 5+ weeks to go. that black DOM is tasty

tall and short plants of the same strain will flower in the same time frame. but a sativa will take longer then an indica.

cheers guys, but are the doin well for 3 1/2 weeks flowering they look like they slow or am i just impatient this will be my 4th harvest but after awhile though are they ok or should i be doing something to speed them up, by the way i was told that they are both mostly indica or am i misinformed

Latest posts

Back