Lawmaker Blames Legal Marijuana Among Other Reasons For Shootings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From Newsweek
Rep Blames Obama, 'Drag Queen Advocates,' Marijuana and Open Borders for the Shootings: 'The List Is Long. And the Fury Will Continue'
screen-shot-2018-03-26-12.png

By Brendan Cole On 8/5/19
A Republican politician from Ohio has sparked fury after she linked the weekend's shooting in Dayton in which nine people died with a list of what she deems to be society's ills, including gay marriage, marijuana and violent video games.

In a post on Facebook, Representative Candice Keller, who lives in Middletown, around 30 miles south of Dayton, said that after every mass shooting "the liberals start the blame game," and asked "why not place the blame where it belongs?"

Keller attributed the killings to various problems that she said stemmed from the "breakdown of the traditional American family (thank you, transgender, homosexual marriage, and drag queen advocates)."

She also listed video games, "fatherlessness" and "the acceptance of recreational marijuana" as other ills that contributed to the shootings.

She said that former President Barack Obama was to blame for a "disrespect to law enforcement," expressed anger at "snowflakes, who can't accept a duly-elected president," and took aim at the "the relaxing of laws against criminals (open borders)."

Keller finished the message by asking: "Did I forget anybody? The list is long. And the fury will continue."

The posting has been removed but screenshots of it have been widely circulated. Keller confirmed to Dayton Daily News that she had posted it on her private Facebook page.

It appears that she pushed all the buttons of those she was railing against, with Cincinnati City Councilman Chris Seelbach, a Democrat, calling on people to call her office to complain about her post.

Butler County Republican Party Chairman Todd Hall told the Cincinnati Enquirer: "Some want to politicize these events, and I cannot condone such comment and behavior."

Read Full Story Here
https://www.newsweek.com/dayton-ohio-shooting-candice-keller-1452526

People like this are the real ones who don't have a right to live in this world all a bunch of sf haters I swear.
More people die from guns and alcohol abuse and smoking cigarettes and cocaine and heroine abuse alone compared to marijuana, First of all no body has ever died from smoking weed that's a definitely a very scientific fact.
Second:
If someone has a gun and then smokes weed they start to wake up before deciding to use that gun in murdering anyone its called a conscience lol
Pot does that to the human brain that's actually been scientifically proven google search it if you don't believe it?

As far as I am concerned you are all marijuana family in my eyes we are all brothers and sisters here.
And I will be damned if anyone wanted to hurt any of us all I stand up to the liberal bullies in our congress because we a not f*ing criminals for smoking weed and growing it and.eating it. This plant was.given to us all from god to prevent wars I mean really think about that for a.moment now!.
What really pisses me off is how can a harmless plant that was given to us by god be a class 1 narcotic is totally beyond me this is something that I will never fully understand at all!.

LOL--the "liberal bullies" in Congress are not the ones perpetuating marijuana prohibition. It is the conservative "bullies" in Congress doing this.

And not to get too contrary, but just because a plant grows naturally does not make it good. Many plants "given to us by god" are deadly. Cannabis has been demonized mostly for money, but also as a way to "keep minorities in line" (god, I hate even having to type that). Marijuana is good, not because it was "given to us by god", but because of what it is and what it does. I have no respect for those who are willfully blind to the benefits of cannabis and spout nonsense because of their ignorance. So, everyone, if cannabis legalization is important to you, do your homework. Familiarize yourself with the candidates'/politicians' position on cannabis. This woman is one of the clueless idiots.

Latest posts

Back