Leaf attack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
Bloody plant objected to me taking it into the dark. Got a leaf in the eye. Corneal abrasion. Totally awful - had to have an IV painkiller. Now on about 3 different types of drops, one of which cost $60.:holysheep:

Wow, sounds very painful. I got steel in my eyes from grinding that the doc
had to take out, and welding flash a few times.......
I feel your pain.

The ole lady took me to the emergency service and they put anaesthetic in my eye - I couldnt open either of my eyes at that point. Then they gave me an IV painkiller, after that I could just about function but I couldn't see of course. . . the really annoying thing is that it was a male plant I was carrying. The social security clinic was really really good, they had an opthalmologist there who saw me within ten minutes.
Seriously guys, I mean this, if you're going to:watchplant: better use eye protection. It did a lot of damage to my cornea, I still can't see properly today and still have pain.

was it a sativa? bet it was a sativa,

damn those sativas.

I have scratched my corneas several times--it is really quite painful. Take care and right on about the eye protection.

Sorry to hear about that. I had a scratched eyeball once, long ago, they put some kind of cocaine in it. I kept wondering why I could taste that taste.

With the eye closed, with patch, you will heal faster from what I understand and the pain should be less. Dang bad news.

I'd be irate over that! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, it will heal quickly.

Thanks guys. If you rub your finger on the top surface of the leaf it really is quite awful - you can feel all the backward pointing spikes. That's what did all the damage. I'm slowly getting better.

I bet you was the talk of the night at the ER?....you had to tell them what scratched eye I would think...be carefull my friend

:48:

Probably the worst pain I've ever had was corneal abrasion--feels like someone put a cigarette out in your eye.

The good news is that the eyes are the fastest healing organ in the body. My wound stayed open for 6 days; day seven went to the optho guy and it had healed that nite.

Be mo carefull.

I'm sure not carrying plants around like that again. Edge-on, in dim light, I just didn't see it - the damn thing was into my eye before I realised. Today I can just about read with it, but it is a bit like frosted glass. Instead of the big Domina looking like a huge juicy cola, after the accident my outlook has changed, and now it looks like a big spear of dangerous spikes!

OUCH, Leaf! how is it feeling now, back to normal? I have had that happen so many times. I also get dirt in my eyes, and since it's so dry here in the desert, I get scratched corneas regularly. Now my opthalmologist just gives me a prescription for LOTEMAX with refills each time I go in for an eye exam. You might want to jot that name down. The stuff works like a miracle on any eye abrasions. For upper and lower lid abrasions, the Opthalmologist gives me TOBROX. Hope you're all better now!!!

leafminer said:
Bloody plant objected to me taking it into the dark. Got a leaf in the eye. Corneal abrasion. Totally awful - had to have an IV painkiller. Now on about 3 different types of drops, one of which cost $60.:holysheep:

Never in a million years would I have figured growing pot was hazardous to your health. :holysheep: :rofl:
Hope your eye gets to feeling better. I got a metal splinter in mine once...nothing fun about eye injuries.

Latest posts

Back