Leaf Discolouration and abnormal growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CVD1983

Reaction score
Can Anybody help shed some light into the damage and growth of these please?

I was given these 2 large cuttings as clones originally. They were well into flowering stage and much larger than I expected. I decided to cut 2 smaller clones for my grow and transplanted these into soil 7 days ago.

After switching back to veg 18/6 I’m thinking/hoping might only be stress and completely normal.

Would love to hear others thoughts and opinions... cheers

Attachments

• E202BE95-0128-426E-B4DD-E42B75AA41C3.jpeg
    E202BE95-0128-426E-B4DD-E42B75AA41C3.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 5A8118F1-EA18-4AD3-A921-A7047AFC8852.jpeg
    5A8118F1-EA18-4AD3-A921-A7047AFC8852.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 110
  • DE77903F-5FCD-42D4-8990-1FEFDA6603E5.jpeg
    DE77903F-5FCD-42D4-8990-1FEFDA6603E5.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 107
If they decide to live and re-root they're going to be some of the ugliest, messed up looking things you've ever seen.
There will be single leaves, double leaves, 3 finger leaves that almost look like 3 separate leaves but they aren't. They'll have trichomes everywhere, curl back into themselves and do things you never thought you'd see.
What you're doing is re-vegging and rooting a clone at the same time, the stress on those little girls is tremendous and there's a good chance they'll die.
I love re-veg and I've cloned from plants that far in but it's tricky, you can literally do nothing but see what happens for now.

If they decide to live and re-root they're going to be some of the ugliest, messed up looking things you've ever seen.
There will be single leaves, double leaves, 3 finger leaves that almost look like 3 separate leaves but they aren't. They'll have trichomes everywhere, curl back into themselves and do things you never thought you'd see.
What you're doing is re-vegging and rooting a clone at the same time, the stress on those little girls is tremendous and there's a good chance they'll die.
I love re-veg and I've cloned from plants that far in but it's tricky, you can literally do nothing but see what happens for now.
Yeah it’s definately stressed them but I think they may be starting to come around. There still hanging in there after 3 weeks so I’m staying positive

When you take clones from flowering plants, the growth will be different for a while. The plant has to kind of switch gears--stop flowering hormones and start growing again. This is part of the reason that it is generally harder and takes longer to root cuttings taken in flowering. You will see single bladed unserrated leaves appear first. This is perfectly normal. As they continue growing, the foliage will gradually take on a more normal look. Congrats on successfully rooting cuts taken in flowering. Successful cloning is a great skill to have.

Thankyou for all the input. Appreciate it.
I have managed to keep them alive and can now see new growth. It still all very slow tho. Very distorted ugly growth.

To be honest, I would not recommend this flower re-veg technique to anybody in future.!
I’d heard the pros but I feel the extra time it takes hardly seems worth it!

FDEFBB70-4CCD-444D-A03A-8E0918500DED.jpeg 5ACCEB2E-3A5F-4BE5-85EC-5AFFAA636224.jpeg As for the plants in soil pots... well they are much better. Still yellow leaves but new growth looking good.

35347317-84AE-40E2-8FC3-3D8F3D4DEF5E.jpeg
3530E4D7-2448-4168-BB13-B42133A261E5.jpeg
C9D84C20-9D04-41EB-B5CB-1480A67E1EC1.jpeg
Clones are growing well but growth is still abnormal and leaves are twisted, curling. It has been 4/5 weeks. Can anyone tell me if everything ok?

I'm no expert and it has been a while since I have clipped clones and revegged them after they started to flower (had some outdoor plants stolen, they left the bottom most branches which I clipped for clones). However if memory serves correct they grew with that weird growth for a while. It will stop once the hormones balance out.

9FDF3EE5-F959-4FBC-B081-31C5C85ACF2E.jpeg

This is how it currently looks!

65E9AA3B-E849-414E-963D-E3FA8AFC2C07.png
This is how it looked before.

Please help...
1 of my reveg clones have started doing weird twisted growth. Can anyone help diagnose please?

As others have said, they are going to grow strangely for a while. Speaking from experience. Personally I kept mine on 24/0 but yours are doing great. Keep an eye on the pH of your res water, make sure you are on a good schedule for complete reservoir changes, and keep your nutrient strength moderate. It looks like a burn/lockout situation.
A very light application of a micronutrient foliar spray, just once, such as GHMicro at 1/2 strength will also help.
Honestly they look surprisingly good for revegged plants!
Edit: forgot to add that it's a good idea to pinch off any remaining flower parts as much as you can without damaging the surrounding stems and leaves. This is part of the plant getting its hormones back in a veg balance.

Latest posts

Back