Leaf issues: burned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyGalaxy

Reaction score
I have two leafs near the top that have 2 different issues. 1) burnt (copper) tip? and 2) white (colorless?)fringe. both just came up. Hope the pics are good enuf.

F4 001.jpg

F4 005.jpg

The first looks like nute burn to me. The 2nd I'm not sure.

Is this only affecting the leaves at the top near your light?
I saw your other thread with the issues of your plant being to tall. Have you started any of the bondage techniques?

Erbal said:
Is this only affecting the leaves at the top near your light?
I saw your other thread with the issues of your plant being to tall. Have you started any of the bondage techniques?
I was thinking that also but in pic 1 there is a tip that is alot lower that is affected. That's what leads me to believe that pic one is nute burn.

thomas 11111 said:
I was thinking that also but in pic 1 there is a tip that is alot lower that is affected. That's what leads me to believe that pic one is nute burn.

Upon closer inspection I see the leaf you are talking about. Good eye there Thomas, I totally missed it.

I have went through countless pics trying to figure the 2nd pic out and the only thing I can come up with is if the 2nd pic is at the top of your plant it has to be heat stress. Take your hand and a place it at the top of the canoy. Back side of your hand up and feel the heat for at least a minute. That's what I do. If it feels warm raise your light a couple inches at a time and retest. I've found that I had to hold my hand there for a while to let the heat build up. I would start there. Hope this helps.:ciao:

First looks like nute burn. Second looks like it grew too close to the light. This looks exactly like what my leaves look like if I let them grow into the light.

Thomas, i think we just owned by THG.

GG, what nute schedule do you have your plant on?

Originally Posted by jdillahasdonuts
Okay, so I am a first timer here and I have a question. I have 5 plants in total and they are each about 1 and a half weeks old. 4 of them have wilted yellow spots on the tips of the leaves, but not every leaf. The one that doesn't have yellow spots has very small white spots on the center of the leaves. I am using organic fertilized soil. I didn't realize that I shouldn't add any nutes until 2-3 weeks, but I did about 3 days ago and yesterday. Could this be the cause? Nute burn? I flushed the soil pretty well last night and sprayed the leaves with filtered tap water.
On another note, the temp in the room is slightly high (about 80 but in the upper 90's when I put under my lights. I work during the day and I am afraid to leave the lights on all day and night, so I grow outside all day until about 7pm and then I put in grow box from 7pm until 3am. I have plenty of lights (about 450w output using cfls. I have an intake fan, exhaust fan, light-cooling fan, and another fan to help circulate air. White refelctive paint also on the inside.
What am I dong wrong? I mean I know the temp is a little high but it doesn't seem ungrowable, as I have another plant (not canibus) that seems to grow fine just in the window. I don't know the ph of the soil but it's new soil and the plants are still young. Can I resolve nute burn if that's what it is? There are no holes in the leaves so I doubt there are bugs. Please help! My babies are dieing!!

jdillahasdonuts said:
Originally Posted by jdillahasdonuts
Okay, so I am a first timer here and I have a question. I have 5 plants in total and they are each about 1 and a half weeks old. 4 of them have wilted yellow spots on the tips of the leaves, but not every leaf. The one that doesn't have yellow spots has very small white spots on the center of the leaves. I am using organic fertilized soil. I didn't realize that I shouldn't add any nutes until 2-3 weeks, but I did about 3 days ago and yesterday. Could this be the cause? Nute burn? I flushed the soil pretty well last night and sprayed the leaves with filtered tap water.
On another note, the temp in the room is slightly high (about 80 but in the upper 90's when I put under my lights. I work during the day and I am afraid to leave the lights on all day and night, so I grow outside all day until about 7pm and then I put in grow box from 7pm until 3am. I have plenty of lights (about 450w output using cfls. I have an intake fan, exhaust fan, light-cooling fan, and another fan to help circulate air. White refelctive paint also on the inside.
What am I dong wrong? I mean I know the temp is a little high but it doesn't seem ungrowable, as I have another plant (not canibus) that seems to grow fine just in the window. I don't know the ph of the soil but it's new soil and the plants are still young. Can I resolve nute burn if that's what it is? There are no holes in the leaves so I doubt there are bugs. Please help! My babies are dieing!!
Like I said in the other posting. Start a thread in sick plants and problems. Hijacking threads is not nice. I'm sure everyone will understand this time because you are a very worried parent afraid of losing your babies. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back