Leaf signs….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
My first grow is finally in the drying room for the third day. I’ve managed to keep the temp/humidity about 62/60 sometimes a bit more or less. I’m drying on a rack and have been rotating the buds twice a day. They are really sticky and It smells crazy in there. So now I’ve moved my clones into the tent for their turn under the LED lights which they have already taking a liking to. The clones had to wait under the cheap plant light in my bedroom which kept them alive but not like the tent lights will. Also the humidity in my bedroom was lower than the plants needed as well. Anyway my question is I have this coloring on a few of the leaves on a couple clones which may be caused from their previous environment in my bedroom. They were transplanted into ocean soil in larger pots a couple weeks ago and will be Re potted again before I let them go to flower. I
7A989E68-749E-4229-823A-A3B197BED69B.jpeg
69B6EB83-8768-4FA4-9419-235F8F573543.jpeg
24F9C8E5-0E2F-4281-B0C5-69D2AA6FC03C.jpeg
have been feeding fox farm veg nutes and cal mag for about 4 weeks now. I took a pic of the front and back of the leaf as well as a close up of the back to check if it were spider mites. I don’t think I would know spider mites if I saw them but this didn’t appear to be them to me but would like y’all to take a look and tell me what you think. I pinched most of them off as I had plenty other fan leaves and I hope that the new growth won’t have this problem. Your thoughts. (I know my questions are so long, sorry)

First pic looks like there was water left on leaf and light fried it. Backside pics, not so sure.

Bubba

you got pests or it sure looks like it...second pic looks like white fly eggs but you'd know if you have them...do you see any critters in the soil or on the leaves...
There were some tiny fruit flies that came around after I trimmed once. They maybe could have laid some eggs but what’s on the back can’t be scraped off. I put one of those yellow sticky things which collected quite a few.
D07A64D8-76A5-45C8-BBC5-853C814862BB.jpeg
It kinda looks like calcium deficiency comparing it to that on a page I found showing different leaf problems but I’ve been giving them Cal mag in their feedings. I’m only using a teaspoon per gallon perhaps I could boost that up but that is the recommended dosage on the label. If it is fly eggs, how do I get rid of them and not harm the plants. Not all the plants have it in fact only four of them are gonna make the cut in the tent for their duration since that’s all I have room for and made the mistake of crowding the tent out on my first grow. They all are growing different. Their growth has been harder to manage than my first seed grown crop. I think I like seeds better but this was a fun experiment And I’m glad I did it. I’m hoping that once they are in the tent for a while, I’ll be able to make an easier choice of which ones to kick out of the tent although I hate doing it. This is a picture of my six clones

it's not fly eggs if the enlargement is of the backside of the leaf...are all the leaves effected and when did this occur...sounds like you may have had soil gnats, white flies fly around like madmen on speed...I max out calmag at 5 ml./gal...your plants look healthy other than those burned areas on the veins...i's not pH right...it's not on the field of the leaf so it'd almost think it's deficient of some mineral...dunno which to be honest...

it's not fly eggs if the enlargement is of the backside of the leaf...are all the leaves effected and when did this occur...sounds like you may have had soil gnats, white flies fly around like madmen on speed...I max out calmag at 5 ml./gal...your plants look healthy other than those burned areas on the veins...i's not pH right...it's not on the field of the leaf so it'd almost think it's deficient of some mineral...dunno which to be honest...
Yes it is an enlargement of the back side of leaf and no it’s not effecting all the leaves. And no it’s not on all the plants either. There are two strains in the mix, this could be the same strain doing this. In fact I’ve pick most of them off thinking they may have been contagious. There are a couple more left on which I will take off next time I’m in the tent. My ph is running around 6.5 water and soil. The soil is fairly new 2weeks or so and I ph everything going in to around 6.5. As far as when it occurred, these two plants have never had the pretty health looking leaves as the others. I didn’t want to treat them any different just because they were a little uglier than the others. They have always had funky looking leaves I thought they got wet during water but I’m careful not to do that. Maybe it’s the bedroom light they didn’t like… we will see if things go better for them under the good lights in the tent. I just didn’t want them to be contagious and ruin the other plants. I will up my cal mag a bit too. Thank you for your comment.

You have to get some close ups of the white things on the back of the leaves. If it is bugs and I hope not. They will generally be on the underside and lower in the canopy depending on temps.

your pH may be a bit high, I shoot for 6.0 personally...don't think the light is an issue...my thoughts lean toward too high a pH mebbe causing lockout on these 2 plants...

If you've been giving them calmag at the rate you are, it's about perfect. Be sure to only feed once a week though and water the rest.. for me it's usually feed water water. Feed water flush.. not a full flush but just enough to see water go from dark brown to starting to clear up.

Looks like bug damage, the easiest thing is to use Neem Oil during veg to build up a resistant coating to protect them.. try adding silicon to, this will help them deal with stress and increase the strength of your cell walls in your stems. Spray the Neem oil on the bottoms of the leaf's and do it in the am when they 1st wake up. During the 1st half hour their stigma's are open, kinda like our pours and will absorb the neem oil some. turn lighs down or off until they dry and walla.. once a week all thru veg.

lots of advice, do what you think fits your needs.

You have to get some close ups of the white things on the back of the leaves. If it is bugs and I hope not. They will generally be on the underside and lower in the canopy depending on temps.
I took the pic of the back of the leaf with my scope. It’s at the top of this post. Does not appear to be bugs as it won’t scrape off

If you've been giving them calmag at the rate you are, it's about perfect. Be sure to only feed once a week though and water the rest.. for me it's usually feed water water. Feed water flush.. not a full flush but just enough to see water go from dark brown to starting to clear up.

Looks like bug damage, the easiest thing is to use Neem Oil during veg to build up a resistant coating to protect them.. try adding silicon to, this will help them deal with stress and increase the strength of your cell walls in your stems. Spray the Neem oil on the bottoms of the leaf's and do it in the am when they 1st wake up. During the 1st half hour their stigma's are open, kinda like our pours and will absorb the neem oil some. turn lighs down or off until they dry and walla.. once a week all thru veg.

I just hate to treat it for bugs if it’s not bugs. I have a feeling that it was caused from the not so great conditions of my bedroom lighting, temp and humidity they were forced to endure waiting for their turn in the tent. . They were transferred to the tent 3 days ago and have already perked up quite a bit. I feed and water already by your advice except for the flush part. Thanks so much for responding. I’ll get some need oil just in case…

your pH may be a bit high, I shoot for 6.0 personally...don't think the light is an issue...my thoughts lean toward too high a pH mebbe causing lockout on these 2 plants...
I will try lowering the “what goes in“ ph. I believe you gave me that advice previously on another problem. I just transplanted them a couple weeks ago with fresh ocean dirt. they seem to be digging the tent environment. I hope this was just teenaged acne problem and the new growth won’t have this problem. Just didn’t want to contaminate the other plants it it were bugs. Thanks boo 😎

Silicon? Add this with nutes or with water?is it a liquid? How is it applied? Should it be applied to all plants or just ones with problems. Thanks in advance for your additional comments

silica is what carty was referencing...I raise bamboo, acres of it and feed them silica as well...add it to your water when mixing your solution...keep in mind it will raise your pH...that's when I use it on pot, when I have to adjust my pH...it can be bought at almost any grow store...it does look like bugs until you look at the magnified view...the veins are healthy, let the plant grow, it'll work it's way out but keep an eye on it...they're still young...

silica is what carty was referencing...I raise bamboo, acres of it and feed them silica as well...add it to your water when mixing your solution...keep in mind it will raise your pH...that's when I use it on pot, when I have to adjust my pH...it can be bought at almost any grow store...it does look like bugs until you look at the magnified view...the veins are healthy, let the plant grow, it'll work it's way out but keep an eye on it...they're still young...
What exactly does silica do for the herb plants and your sweet baboon field? Is silica something that is routinely used in cannabis? My plants have taken a jump for joy under the new lights. Now it’s a competition on which girls get to stay. I’m Gonna pick the rest of those ugly leaves off tomorrow when I water and let them take off. They have beautiful new growth which make me a little more excited than I was about cloning… post a pic of your bamboo please

silica promotes healthy cellular structure and promotes strength...helps the stalks support bigger flowers...floppy stems aren't good for big flowers...bamboo is a grass like marijuana, has the same needs and nutrients to a degree...I've got over 40 groves, here's a few smaller ones...the big ones are pushing 100' but come sunday morning most will die off from the freeze we
re expecting...it happens but it all grows back eventually...
IMG_0034.JPG
IMG_0035.JPG

Wow, those are beautiful. Do you harvest them? I would use them in my garden for sure imagine my cucumbers climbing up a bamboo wall.😊 So doing research on silica I read this and was worried about nutrient lockup.
It came from bigbudsmag.com you ever have trouble with lockup?

Silicon requires a pH higher than seven in order to stay soluble. Because of this, it can’t be included with other nutrients, rather, it has to be stored and added separately. It shouldn’t be added into a feed until all the other nutrients have been dissolved. If you’re using a two-part feed, silica should be your third part.

It’s best practice to dilute your silica with about one gallon of water. This will help avoid nutrient lockout that can occur when silica mixes with other nutrients.

I agree, all additives should be added to the full nutrient solution after pHing it, then pH it again...my need never requires me to add more than a few ml. per 5 gallon bucket...it's used within minutes of mixing...a thorough mixing between adding all solutions is imperative to properly blend the mix...yes, I have had issues with nute lock out so my words have experience with them...I use the silica to lower my pH to about 6.0

I use power si for a silica additive. I always mix the silica first then other nutrients in. That’s what the directions on that say to do anyway.
2F2E26BA-793F-4C23-AAD2-C2412104FE1A.jpeg

Bamboo can take over an area real fking fast. Very evasive. Sure can build a lot of stuff from Bamboo though. What do you do with yours Boo?

Reactions: boo

Latest posts

Back