Leaf signs….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just grow it weedie, and bamboo isn't invasive if you know which species to plant...all my boo is clumping and grows up to 100' but doesn't run or spread...ya gotta be smarter than the plants...

I use power si for a silica additive. I always mix the silica first then other nutrients in. That’s what the directions on that say to do anyway.View attachment 286974
if you add the silica first how do you balance your pH...just wondering as it raises the pH...

if you add the silica first how do you balance your pH...just wondering as it raises the pH...
My ph out of ro is at about 7.
I add silica first then mammoth p then cal mag then fox farms.
It actually lowers my ph to about 5.9
Then I just use the ph up to 6.5.

Bamboo can take over an area real fking fast. Very evasive. Sure can build a lot of stuff from Bamboo though. What do you do with yours Boo?
I’ll bet he has a sweet irrigation system set up like Gillian’s island. Just a quick stationary bike ride once a day and all his plants are watered and nuted up 😊

My ph out of ro is at about 7.
I add silica first then mammoth p then cal mag then fox farms.
It actually lowers my ph to about 5.9
Then I just use the ph up to 6.5.
try adding the silica last as your pH up...stir between adding each nutrient or additive to avoid lock out...

Last edited:
I’ll bet he has a sweet irrigation system set up like Gillian’s island. Just a quick stationary bike ride once a day and all his plants are watered and nuted up 😊
nope, once established it just grows crazy big...my plants have become walls around my property...I just fertilize the helll out of it...

try adding the silica last as your pH up...stir between adding each nutrient or additive to avoid lock out...
Would it be safer for me to do the silica thing with just water so as not to get the nute lock? I water my plants between nutes.

silica won't give you nute lock if you mix every element of what goes in your feed...certainly you can just do the silica with water but watch what it does to your pH...it will drop it...it builds stronger plants as you will see...
airbone, how do you like the mammoth p, just curious...

First go with it actually.
Been using king crab for microbes before this run.
Will let you know!

Reactions: boo
You have to be careful using Silica, um silicon is in a plastic tube I caulked my new toilet with, talk about a brain fart.

I use Silica from 1st feeding thru preflower.. The strength is builds in the stems cell walls will help it battle stress, and more importantly bugs.. it is found natural in the great outdoors but not enough in most soils we buy to benefit the plants well enough, so we supplement.

I use 1/8tsp per gallon of water. Read the bottle you get closely and don't go by anyone else's measurement. Yours is most likely from a diff manufacturer and concentration levels I'm sure can vary enough to make it a need to actually do what most men refuse to do, read the directions.. hahaha.

When I fail to use silica my stems are weaker and the main stem is smaller early on instead of the size of your finger at 3wks old.

good luck

You have to be careful using Silica, um silicon is in a plastic tube I caulked my new toilet with, talk about a brain fart.

I use Silica from 1st feeding thru preflower.. The strength is builds in the stems cell walls will help it battle stress, and more importantly bugs.. it is found natural in the great outdoors but not enough in most soils we buy to benefit the plants well enough, so we supplement.

I use 1/8tsp per gallon of water. Read the bottle you get closely and don't go by anyone else's measurement. Yours is most likely from a diff manufacturer and concentration levels I'm sure can vary enough to make it a need to actually do what most men refuse to do, read the directions.. hahaha.

When I fail to use silica my stems are weaker and the main stem is smaller early on instead of the size of your finger at 3wks old.

good luck
Ok I’m gonna try it but I think during in between waterings.

good luck
Ok I’m gonna try it during my in between waterings. Since silica requires a pH higher than 7 to remain soluble, should I ph up my water to 7.0, mix the silica in good then ph it back down to 6.5 prior to watering my plants with it?

I
Bamboo can take over an area real fking fast. Very evasive. Sure can build a lot of stuff from Bamboo though. What do you do with yours Boo?
It cost us 4k to dig down 3 feet and remove bamboo and $350 for a plastic barrier we installed around the perimeter. If pot grew as fast and prolific as bamboo it would be like as when I started $20 a Z ( w/o seeds!)

Latest posts

Back