Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Leaf trimming outdoors

hottip

HOTTIP
Reaction score
I have some plants that were cloned and are looking great. One is now over3 feet tall and the others are close behind. There are a lot of leaves (are these called fan leaves ?) that are below each branch and should I be doing any trimming? Our weather nere in the northwest is about to improve and I really expect the plants to take off. 2 years ago they reached 8 foot tall and that was a late start from seeds. So should I cut off the lower leaves, or leave everything as is?

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Reaction score
Don't cut off the fan leaves. You can trim up from the bottom so you don't get a bunch of little popcorn buds. That is your choice. Green mojo for a great PNW grow.

hottip

HOTTIP
Reaction score
Rosebud, Thanks for the reply. I guess that has been my problem in the past. Big trees small buds. :icon_smile: I've allways started my outdoor grow from seeds and they are just about 8 inches tall, but the clones that I have are looking like it's going to be a good grow season.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
I like to trim away the lower stuff but leave that big fan leaf. Im in PNW too and the rest of the week they say in the 80s:yay:..Im thinking plants taking off as well...mojo for the grow

take care and be safe
:48:

D

dman1234

please leave the fan leaves alone, please, like 4U2 said cleaning up the bottom is one thing, but your plant needs those fan leaves.

Latest posts