Leaf trimming outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hottip

HOTTIP
Reaction score
I have some plants that were cloned and are looking great. One is now over3 feet tall and the others are close behind. There are a lot of leaves (are these called fan leaves ?) that are below each branch and should I be doing any trimming? Our weather nere in the northwest is about to improve and I really expect the plants to take off. 2 years ago they reached 8 foot tall and that was a late start from seeds. So should I cut off the lower leaves, or leave everything as is?

Don't cut off the fan leaves. You can trim up from the bottom so you don't get a bunch of little popcorn buds. That is your choice. Green mojo for a great PNW grow.

Rosebud, Thanks for the reply. I guess that has been my problem in the past. Big trees small buds. :icon_smile: I've allways started my outdoor grow from seeds and they are just about 8 inches tall, but the clones that I have are looking like it's going to be a good grow season.

I like to trim away the lower stuff but leave that big fan leaf. Im in PNW too and the rest of the week they say in the 80s:yay:..Im thinking plants taking off as well...mojo for the grow

take care and be safe
:48:

please leave the fan leaves alone, please, like 4U2 said cleaning up the bottom is one thing, but your plant needs those fan leaves.

Latest posts

Back