Leary about signing up for State Medical Marijuana Card

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mean4green

Reaction score
I was curious about medial marijuana in PA.
Found the state website, did some inquiry.
I can get a card (per 1yr $50), and after a doctor certification is sent to state, I can buy weed for $10 gram.. (pay 4 doctor visit)
(That is $20 more per Z than I pay to my reliable hassle free source for Killer Skunk Weed)

Regardless, it can't hurt to have a backup plan.

My concern:
I have a PA LTCF permit (License to Carry Firearms).
One of the questions on the LTCF app concerns the use of Marijuana. If checked yes - you are disqualified.

I wonder if the Sheriffs Dept computers can be tied into the State Dept of Heath computers and discover I smoke the herb.
I may have my LTCF permit revoked.

Jut curious what others think - is Big Brother a concern here?

I plan on staying with my source - I much prefer giving him $$ vs the State Govt.
Besides - he's $20 cheaper per Z..

later

Good question. Some experts here so you should get some good advice.

me personally?

I just follow the Constitution of the United States of America :

A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

I am sure that if you check your state web site on marijuana laws you will be able to get the information.

I am an expert here in the state of Colorado. If you have a Med card here you can't legally buy or possess a firearm. I was in the US Army during Nam and can't own a gun.

I tried to buy a gun at a Tanner Gun Show and my background check showed my med card registered with the state and was rejected.

Computer integration in you state may vary from mine but be careful....I am marked. I can't even give myself an enema.

I am sure that if you check your state web site on marijuana laws you will be able to get the information.

I am an expert here in the state of Colorado. If you have a Med card here you can't legally buy or possess a firearm. I was in the US Army during Nam and can't own a gun.

I tried to buy a gun at a Tanner Gun Show and my background check showed my med card registered with the state and was rejected.

Computer integration in you state may vary from mine but be careful....I am marked. I can't even give myself an enema.

what about CDL drivers in CO? if i buy from a dispensary and they scan my card does it get kept anywhere?

Fk the government and their mandated bullshit. They can shove those cards right up their butts,,,right along with their ridiculous taxes and regulations. All they do is fk shit up and raise the price of weed.
And on top of that they tell you that you cant own a firearm if you smoke weed but you can buy whiskey legally and shoot the shit out of ppl while your drunk as hell,, but heaven forbid a pothead and War Veteran wants to protect his home,,like he protected his Country.😠

Last edited:

That is outrageous.
Especially since you served your Country in Nam and now they stripped you of your 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms over a GD plant..

I figured Colorado (weed legal even for recreational purposes) would not slam gun owners with clear criminal history. That truly sucks.

What the hay does a Co. Rancher who partakes in da herb via Med Card do? Packing a gun is a necessity for a rancher!!

Bastard Feds DEA with their ** Class I Weed Designation which is as stupid as that Reefer Madness film they used to brainwash people that weed was evil.

I am very leery about Big Brother. I simply do not TRUST them and never will.

You see how we are becoming a cashless society and all institutions and govt encouraging the use of electronic/debit card methods. This is because they have the ability to track every single item you purchase over the course of your life if you do not use cash.

I understand how people prefer not to carry cash, but I still do. Cash is anonymous.

Back to my situation:
I face no possibility of losing my right to own/bear arms for smoking weed (having Med Card).

But, I could lose LTCF privileges – which allows me to carry loaded handgun concealed and transport same loaded weapon in my vehicle.

Not worth the risk at this time.

later

In My home State, I can be a caregiver to another who holds a card and grow for them. I don't need the card itself or see a doctor to do this, just file the paperwork.

Crazy thing is, if I do this they even pay me! Of course cost is the price...

I have concerns about the second amendment of course, I also build, own and shoot guns. My state has Constitutional carry, but I still get the permit. It allows me to carry in many other states as well.

I also wonder about flights from airports, flying with guns is easy, just have TSA approved locked cases, and check them....will they eventually get the info that you have a card?

I'm a lawyer by trade so these things constantly swirl around in my head...

Call me suspicious, but I can't help but wonder if the current administration wouldn't use the card as a method of "disarming" folks?

Time to make coffee, enjoy first hobby along with third hobby, building Class A high end amplifiers ( as well as control amps, phono preamp and speakers) for sublime music listening!

Never enjoy hobby #1 and #2 together, don't mix guns with anything that diverts my attention in any fashion, regardless of how enjoyable one might think it would be.... somethings, even good things, just don't mix with other things!

Bubba

You would be running the gambit , lets say you were arrested for lawfully discharging your firearm protecting your family late one night.
Police arrive and 1st thing they secure the EVIL deadly firearm, then they run you and everyone involved for wants and warrants.
They will run shooters name in master computer and see is a licensed gun owner too. Better hope the shooter is.
After that the guns (all guns you have in home will be taken and serial numbers run for ownership and loss. )
Then if you are all clear of criminal charges you will be sued for everything you own , ether by the person you shot( if alive ) or the surviving family for sure.
Check your local laws

I live in castle doctrine State, and if you mean business and carry, get the insurance.

Here, they only take the gun involved, have seen defendants on their second defense shooting who used another gun! (1st time an AK, second time shotgun)

In fact this person did get sued, then murdered the attorney that represented the other side! Yes, he was indeed convicted, and in the big house now.

Bubba

I have seen many shootings scenes after the gun fight is over and darn be it most of them were done by persons with alcohol in the system an only a few with very high lvls of THC .
Agreed. Over 30 yrs seeing domestic violence dockets, alcohol figures in about as close as you can get to 100%! Weed? usually watching TV or relaxing, it just does not promote violence from what I've seen.

And if they did have significant THC, I'll bet there was a buttload of alcohol and or meth.

Bubba

Oh, here you dont register weapons or get a license. You walk in a store buy the gun, they run you through the system, you get a pass, flagged, or wait a minute sort of deal, usually happens with very common names.

If you get a pass, you take your gun and walk off. The most authorities here can do is run the serial number to see if it was stolen. I only buy new guns or build them myself, and I never sell them. If I did, buyer would have to fork up the fee to a licensed dealer to do the transaction so buyer is documented and went through system..

I obviously live in a red state!

Bubba

what about CDL drivers in CO? if i buy from a dispensary and they scan my card does it get kept anywhere?

CDL no matter what state will report to your insurance company which will report to your state licensing and you will lose your CDL .. has to be a national legislative vote to reschedule from level 1 to a more appropriate level like aspirin is.

CDL no matter what state will report to your insurance company which will report to your state licensing and you will lose your CDL .. has to be a national legislative vote to reschedule from level 1 to a more appropriate level like aspirin is.

That should have happened a Long time ago....prevents many from applying I'm sure. Recreational or re-schedule to different level is the only way I see. Rescheduling really only option (or outright federal legalization) is needed to resolve the State/Federal law conflict, even for recreational states technically.

If the current "war on cash" continues to its logical conclusion, I guess an individual's "transaction" could be in some kind of system that could be linked to what the individual purchased? I understand these dispensaries only can use cash now because of federal banking regulations? Maybe for the buyer that's not such a bad idea? I've never been to a recreational dispensary, is it just like liquor store transactions?
i.e., show id for proof of age, or is other transactional information collected?

Bubba

in tejas, ..we are having an enormous amount of property purchases bought using only cash in the transaction ... i love it .. alot are just south of the border cartel monies .... screw the bankers

Just did an appointment for medical card, but turned it down despite qualifying to get one. I did take the opportunity to discuss that, and inquired of the doctor as to problems with federal law and effects it could have on all things 2nd Amendment and as it pertains to CDL holders.

Obviously, for CDL drivers its bad, since that is controlled by federal law but she hadn't any examples.

As to 2nd Amendment, she did say one person told her that she mentioned to her Carry Concealed instructor that she had a card. State Police took away her license to carry. Afraid of the other shoe dropping....does this mean just no "carry permit" or guns in general? Given the language on the federal form ( to buy firearms ) my warning meter is off the charts!

Now while this is a Constitutional Carry State, but many still get the permit as it is good in many other States. This fact got my paranoia up..... if the state would do that, I fear more for what the Fed might do if they get a load of it, given the anti 2nd Amendment leanings of the current administration...

Bubba

Latest posts

Back