Leary about signing up for State Medical Marijuana Card

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Grouping I see your eyes still work. LOL
I shoot pretty darn well, despite my eyes being "cross dominate." This means I am right handed but my dominate eye is left. I still shoot both pistol and rifle right handed.

Just took a little adapting...

Bubba

Sorry, even if I said yes it would be a Royal pain to try and do it
Some states suc bag balls as far as selling and trans firearms now.
Only going to get worse. Shame I only have paperworked tools on hand.
Here, (maybe different other places?) You could go to a gun store and pay their transfer fee (like when you buy a handgun out of State) They will run buyer and all that. Around here, varies from 25 bucks to about 40. Some are per item, some not. I have a guy just a few blocks away that has a license. 25 bucks, whether it's one pistol or three. Comes in handy when stripped lowers are on sale!

Bubba

I guess you can't go hunting anymore either if you have a med card.. owning a shotgun or hunting rifle would fall under possession laws..

In Maine you can not buy a gun or ammo if you have med card. She has hers I still have the 2nd.

I am sure that if you check your state web site on marijuana laws you will be able to get the information.

I am an expert here in the state of Colorado. If you have a Med card here you can't legally buy or possess a firearm. I was in the US Army during Nam and can't own a gun.

I tried to buy a gun at a Tanner Gun Show and my background check showed my med card registered with the state and was rejected.

Computer integration in you state may vary from mine but be careful....I am marked. I can't even give myself an enema.
Well at least they don't take what you have here. Look I used to be one of the "Pledge pin on your uniform" MFR's. I am no snitch and couldn't give a care what you do at your place but personally I'm a rule follower. I still am LOL it's legal. Anyway, before my diagnosis I was going through a ROUGH patch with no meds that helped, nothing helped. A friend asked me if I smoked, and it was over. Best night of my life in 4 years at that point and slept better than I ever had in years. Even better was reduction in my pain if not gone. I grow and talk about it openly with anyone who asks. I don't drink anymore as well either. The best thing is it calms me down. At this point I'm a you "You're gonna have to rip it out of my cold dead lips guy.

I am sure that if you check your state web site on marijuana laws you will be able to get the information.

I am an expert here in the state of Colorado. If you have a Med card here you can't legally buy or possess a firearm. I was in the US Army during Nam and can't own a gun.

I tried to buy a gun at a Tanner Gun Show and my background check showed my med card registered with the state and was rejected.

Computer integration in you state may vary from mine but be careful....I am marked. I can't even give myself an enema.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The above is the reason I absolutely must depend on the generosity of the folks here.

I know a lot of people really do not know -- or have trouble even conceiving -- how hard the US Gummint clamps down on ex-GI's. And double-clampdown if you are an ex-GI with a dinged helmet.

If I was innocent enough to just get a card, not only would I have to give up several thousand dollars worth of weapons, but I would be legally acquiescing to have my house searched at any time.

TINS, Pilgrims.

Like we useta say: There It Is.

Fk the government and their mandated bullshit. They can shove those cards right up their butts,,,right along with their ridiculous taxes and regulations. All they do is fk shit up and raise the price of weed.
And on top of that they tell you that you cant own a firearm if you smoke weed but you can buy whiskey legally and shoot the shit out of ppl while your drunk as ****,, but heaven forbid a pothead and War Veteran wants to protect his home,,like he protected his Country.😠
Straight up shameful that our government allows such end runs on the Second Amendment.

The fact a VETERAN can't buy a gun? That is not the America I grew up in. Flat shameful.

I've never been a believer in single issue politics, but these days I find the Second Amendment issue to divide the camps nicely. Anyone who doesn't support the full protections our Country's founding fathers built into the Constitution is a flipping enemy of everything those same founding fathers warned of. The internal threat concerned them greatly, not do much the external.

Appears to me, looking around they were spot on.

Bubba

My medical card kept me from going to JAIL when I got raided about 10 years ago. Took all 12 of my plants (legal limit) in Michigan. Said he could turn my house over but did not. I did not let him inside. My wife freaked out as the helicopter circled my house and I sat on the porch, feet on the railing, with a pot plant on either side, watching them through binoculars. A half dozen pickups flew up my driveway and 2 cops in camo fatigues, flack jackets and hands on their pistols jumped out. Only one sargent talked to me. He did explain different ways to comply with the law. They took my plants, turned it over to the P.A. Never heard a word from 'em. I am a 'nam veteran and deer hunter. F 'em all and take my old fart ass to jail. I will keep my guns and grow my marijuana.

It requires a barrel of course, and a bolt for .458 Socom. Same bolt carrier, lower, and mag as standard AR, of course only about 10 rounds instead of 30!

I'm told this round is used to stop vehicles in the military?

Bubba
Hmmm, just thinking. They talk about making the 30 round mags illegal...funny thing...my "10 round" .458 SOCOM mag will hold 30 5.56 rounds and function the same in both rifles....

Suck that Mr prez!

Bubba

Last edited:
I like the protection that my med card provides. Even though I am not allowed to own a firearm Mrs Pute is well armed and is a better shot than Annie Oakley. The true American Patriot's in this country are just like the ones posting in this thread.

You can buy ammo here but no gun. But there is no ammo available.

It's bad. I went to a big gun show recently and saw the madness. Like in
'08 or so, .22 or as expensive or more than 9mm.

Back then I learned to load my own ammo, both plinking and long range high accuracy loads.

Then during the last 4 yrs bought enough brass, powder, primers in all my calibers, both standard and match grade, same with projectiles...FMJ, HP, match, the works.

This supply may last the rest of my days and I can go out and blast off 300-400 rounds whenever.

I encourage all gun owners to learn to reload in their calibers and stock up.

Never again will I wait 2 frigging months to find ammo!

Bubba

Straight up shameful that our government allows such end runs on the Second Amendment.

The fact a VETERAN can't buy a gun? That is not the America I grew up in. Flat shameful.

I've never been a believer in single issue politics, but these days I find the Second Amendment issue to divide the camps nicely. Anyone who doesn't support the full protections our Country's founding fathers built into the Constitution is a flipping enemy of everything those same founding fathers warned of. The internal threat concerned them greatly, not do much the external.

Appears to me, looking around they were spot on.

Bubba
Y'know something funny? Funny peculiar not haha:

When I found out a bud of mine who had a dinged helmet was convinced by his VA "helper" to get a card -- and had all his guns and edged weapons confiscated when the Goon Squad came and searched his house...

...My reaction was not fear -- it was hurt. I felt violated, somehow. I bought my first gun in the 1950's. I served my country as a volunteer. And in one instant, the satisfaction of having given part of my life and bod to America evaporated into semi-shame.

The 2nd Amendment is a faint shadow of what it was when I was young. You could buy pistols by mail from Popular Mechanics. You could carry a rifle to school. There was a shooting team in school.

I like the protection that my med card provides. Even though I am not allowed to own a firearm Mrs Pute is well armed and is a better shot than Annie Oakley. The true American Patriot's in this country are just like the ones posting in this thread.

Well I hate it and all it stands for. Take a look in the mirror (or at least the picture you present to us here) -- You are an intelligent, calm, reasonable individual who served his country in uniform and received an Honorable Discharge.

You have physical problems that require either deadly habit-forming drugs, or weed. And some sonuvabitch somewhere pulled a rule out of his paper arsehole that says BECAUSE you served your country, you are NOT entitled to the Constitutional protection afforded those who did not serve their country!

That truly sucks dead men's balls.

Change My Mind.

OK question
Having never had the pleasure of buying weed legally and I was wondering
If I live in a legal state and I own guns will it prevent me from buying a few products?
Do they require your license as proof of age and scan your ID number?
This way they now have you in the system.

Latest posts

Back