Leaves curling up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedandWhite

Retired dirt farmer.
Reaction score
I'm new here and am trying to help my brother out. He lives in another state so all this info was gathered over the phone. He is approximately 2 weeks into flowering some clones of Reeferman's Cherry Berry. He maintanes that his PH is correct (6.5, soil grow) and that he is now having his leaves curl up, then get black spots, yellow, then they go crisp and fall off. This is only exhibited on one of the five clones, though. Temps are 77 with lights on (1000w HPS), RH is around 40, and he feeds organic (guanos and Pure Blend) at half strength. Any ideas? Thanks.

RedandWhite said:
I'm new here and am trying to help my brother out. He lives in another state so all this info was gathered over the phone. He is approximately 2 weeks into flowering some clones of Reeferman's Cherry Berry. He maintanes that his PH is correct (6.5, soil grow) and that he is now having his leaves curl up, then get black spots, yellow, then they go crisp and fall off. This is only exhibited on one of the five clones, though. Temps are 77 with lights on (1000w HPS), RH is around 40, and he feeds organic (guanos and Pure Blend) at half strength. Any ideas? Thanks.
How large are the plants and how large are the growing containers? You refer to them as clones. Are they fully rooted? It sounds like nute burn, but you say it's only one plant of several, so it's doubtful that it's nute burn. My second guess would be that somehow, a contaminant got into the one plant. Try taking the plant out and rinsing the root system well. Also, wash the plant by pouring a warm, 1 drop of dish soap per/quart of water, mixture over it gently. This will wash off anything that may be on the leaves. Then rinse it with clear water. Then put it back into fresh soil and wait a week before you give it nutes again. Just water. It might still flower out.

Good luck to him.

SB- yes they are fully rooted clones that were vegged 6 weeks after they rooted and now have been flowering for 2 weeks. The smalles clone is 16" tall, while the biggest one is probably 30" (and all have been LST'd considerably while they were in veg). The affected plant is already producing buds just like the rest, except way smaller. Another friend suggested it could be a mag deficiency, so I think he's off today to get some epson salt. I will pass your suggestion along. Thanks, he appreciates it. I guess I've been lucky. I've done this strain 3 times with no problems. Peace.

Latest posts

Back