Leaves dying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yimmy capone

Ya Boy
Reaction score
If all the fan leaves die and not the small leaves, will the plant survive. Is there any bad effects if it does survive.

Yea, it'll survive, just everything will slow wayyy down as you no longer have the plants main energy factories goin without any fan leaves.

Your fan leaves are the big energy producers for new growth b/c they do the majority of photosynthesis, they're bigger and have more surface area to receive light, you need them...

Yeah I know that the fan leaves get the most energy. But the fan leaves are dying on one plant but the small leaves are green. I got 3-4 weeks left i think. Some reason this one just started losing its fans.

Strain is Orange Kush thats dying. Train Wreck and Ice are fine. 5 days ago all the fan leaves start dying from the botton and worked its way up. First the leaf would get a brown spot and then next day would turn yellow. Then next day the leaf drys up and dies. Any one know what would cause this.

Ive had strains that have lost all the fans leaves before harvest was ready ,,
,but on the safe side ,have you checked for any deficeincies ect

I was thinking a P defenincie. I'm using a 10-15-10. I think it wants more but i'm trying not to give it to much N.

I notne problem. You note three strains and one nutrient feeding.

As you have three different plants, they are going to need a bit differently. It sounds like you deprived someone greatly and they started cannablizing to make up for it.

I'm 6 weeks into flowering and several of my fans leaves have begun to yellow and drop. I was worried that maybe they wouldn't make it to full potency, but the girls look otherwise healthy. Decided to cut back the nutes a bit just to be sure - i'm using GH 3-part Flora series.

DirtySouthernAfficionado said:
I notne problem. You note three strains and one nutrient feeding.

As you have three different plants, they are going to need a bit differently. It sounds like you deprived someone greatly and they started cannablizing to make up for it.

Thats what I was thinking. I guess this strain wants more of something. I was thinking P.

I always keep on hand a spray bottle with a foliar spray mix with flowering nutes. If I notice any fan leaves starting to yellow during flowering, I give the leaf a spray and it'll turn back green and keep workin. I use this method faithfully and swear by it, it's been helping me really max out my yields as of late...

I make sure to flush my girls before I put them into flower, and at week 4 of flower and this has seemed to slow the yellowing and dropping of fan leaves.

I use GH products and r/o water with sweet and silica blast.

happy growing!

Latest posts

Back