Leaves looking like claws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrow22

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I was wondering what it means when your leaves are turning in like bananas downwards and start to drop half way through the leave to make it look like claws? i am growing indoors with a hydro setup drip system, with 2 400 hps bulbs on it. My ph has been around 5.5. to 5.8 but i only check it about once every 5 days. It was getting a little too close to the light, but i moved it just today. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks for your help
Joe

JoeGrow, I'm pretty new myself, so I wouldn't take my own advice, but if you'll go to the Sick Plants section, there's a guide or 2 to get you in pretty close. Also there's an interactive Sticky that you can fill out.

Good luck, and if nothing else, I can bump you back up.

Ya, unfortunately i already did look at that, and i couldn't find anything too similar. There was one thing that said if your leaves are twisting and are curling up (mine are curling down and becoming banana like downwards) then it could be the light becoming too close, which this could of happened to my plants. My light was definitely pretty close. So i am not sure if they will go back to normal or what, but i am just making sure it is not anything else and just trying to find someone else with the same problem. Thanks for your help though.

possible under-watering / over-heating, whats your drip schedule and canopy temp?

I'm talking out my axe, but one deficiency, and I think it's magnesium, will cause leaves to curl under like a ram's horn. But then again, I'm not so sure what a ram's horn looks like--so many different types of rams.

Im having the same problem and I think it might have something to do with my ph but i dont have a ph meter so i honestly have no clue what it is.

Heres a pic of mine. Is yours doing the same thing?

IMG_0848-1.JPG

whats your humidity at? they will sometimes do that with very lo humidity:D

good day

PencilHead said:
I'm talking out my axe, but one deficiency, and I think it's magnesium, will cause leaves to curl under like a ram's horn. But then again, I'm not so sure what a ram's horn looks like--so many different types of rams.
:confused:.. I've never experienced mg deff as rams horning, tips curling under. It has been observed/described as "canoeing" or leaves folding up, in combination with inter veinal chlorosis(yellowing).
If it were in soil, my 'guesse' would be...More likely "over nutrients or over watering".. IMO

Hick said:
:confused:.. I've never experienced mg deff as rams horning, tips curling under. It has been observed/described as "canoeing" or leaves folding up, in combination with inter veinal chlorosis(yellowing).
If it were in soil, my 'guesse' would be...More likely "over nutrients or over watering".. IMO

From the sticky in Sick Plants:
7) a) Leaves are curled under like a ram's horn, and are dark green, gray,
brown, or gold. >> Over-fertilization (too much N).
b) If not, go to #8…

I warned him, Hick. Told him that even I wouldn't take my advise. And I wasn't even close on anything but the ram's horn part. Well, there goes the memory--wonder what's next after knees, eyes and hair.:rolleyes:

A fan blowing directly on the leaves for long periods causes this sometimes too......

Latest posts

Back