leaves looking sad and turning purple along with brown spots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam341

Reaction score
Hello people, Im growing 4 plants in a 1x1x1 (m) tent, using canna coco soil. So straight to the problem, i started noticing some spots on the lower leaves on 2 of my plants on day 10 along with brown color on the end of some the leaves. 'nutrient burn' is what i thought of, which was kind of right. I was watering every 3 days. for the first 2 times (day 3 and 6), i gave them 1 Liter of water each, the water is mixed with 1.5 ML/L Rhizotonic, PH is at 5.8.

On next 2 waterings (day 9 and 12) I introduced Canna coco A 0.5 ML/L and Canna coco B 0.5 ML/L keeping PH level at 5.8. From here on the problem only gotten worse and the growth was slowing down. I noticed that I was supposed to have the PH level above 6.1 when I added the A & B. I was afraid that I made my plants toxic with this low of PH, so I took a risk and did a runoff on all of my plants. Watering them a total of 2L per plants and letting the water run through the pots in the bathroom, PH level is 6.1.

I let them rest for next 2 days and on the 3rd day from the runoff (day 15) I water them with less amount of water 0.5L per plant. mixed with 1.5 ML/L Rhizotonic and 0.5 ML/L. (in total 2 liters of water, 3ml Rhiz, 1ml canna a and 1ml canna b). This time having the PH at 6.18

The problem is still getting worse with 2 of my plants (Shorty and Nut), my 3rd plant is confusing me 1 days is ok next day i see more spots and thats Shelisa. The 4th plant is doing the best having no spots but growing slowly and thats Green Queen.

Im really sad seeing this happening to my plants, no idea what I should now, if its even possible to save them.

Info about the plants and the setup:

2 plants are Green Gelato and the other 2 are Northern light, both survive on the exact same climate, one is hybrid, the other is 80% indica.
Current age of the plants: 17 days
Temp (day time): 24-28 Celsius
Temp (night time): 20-23 Celsius
Humidity level: 60%

Lights:
Lights are on 18 hours per day
3 grow lights, 700w per light
distance between light and plant is 75cm

Soil and pots:
Im using 50L of Canna coco soil mixed with 20L of perlite. After mixing them well, I divided everything in 4 big pots

Fans and filtration system:
1 inside fan for air flow
1 input fan
1 output fan
2 Carbon filters (PRIMA KLIMA ECO K2602 - 620m3/h - Ø150mm | led-grower.eu And PRIMA KLIMA ECO K2601 - 480m3/h - Ø125mm | led-grower.eu )
Maybe i went a bit overboard with the filtration system but I live in an apartment and I really dont want the smell to get out of control. I balanced out the air getting in and the air getting out. the air doesnt circulate too fast or too slow, Im proud of it.

Attachments

• 20220224_232528.jpg
    20220224_232528.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220224_232737.jpg
    20220224_232737.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220224_232947.jpg
    20220224_232947.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220224_233134.jpg
    20220224_233134.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220224_233225.jpg
    20220224_233225.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220224_233316.jpg
    20220224_233316.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220224_233412.jpg
    20220224_233412.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220224_233551.jpg
    20220224_233551.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220224_233700.jpg
    20220224_233700.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 13
Use one light looks like you bleach em
Agreed.

To compare, I have a similar space to you and run 1 600w led throughout the grow. Seedlings are especially more sensitive to intense light. I also dont add any nutes at this early of a stage but thats just me. Hope this helps, good luck!

Last edited:
Sometimes it’s hard to manage tiny plants in large pots. I like to transplant mine two or three times before the land in their big pots. little plants like this can’t take a lot of nutes or strong lights either. Maybe you should worry a little less about them and let them dry out a bit before your next water. They grow pretty good on their own at this stage. My plants do best when I let them dry out a bit when the pot feels light I give them a drink and maybe some nutes once they get a little bigger. Good luck with your plants,I’m sure they will recover. There is a lot of good advice on this site by experienced growers to help you. Update us soon so we can see how things are going 😎

Not sure why your feeding babies like you are. Plants in good soil don't need any foods until the end of wk 1.

Never seen a cotyledon leaf get bleached white.. wow.

Hate to tell ya something so heart breaking, but stressing baby plants this early you might as well start over.
if they do recover you have a very good chance of them turning out hermie for this early stress, sorry just
trying to save ya a headache.

Let your plants tell ya what they need, not a schedule. After week 1, look at them, are they dark green and growing
upward.. probably don't need much then eh? growing in Coco can be a challenge in itself..

First things first. Why are you growing in an apartment? You could get busted very easily. Pest Control and Maintenance can be your downfall. Not to mention neighbors.
As they said already. Your soil should feed your seedling and even then you have to be careful with a seedling. That's why most of us start seedlings in seed starter untill they are ready for transplant and can handle ferts. Never seen one turn white. Not thinking it's going to do to well after all those nutes.
Good luck. But mostly you better be careful growing in an apartment.

Hello people

Hello people, Im growing 4 plants in a 1x1x1 (m) tent, using canna coco soil. So straight to the problem, i started noticing some spots on the lower leaves on 2 of my plants on day 10 along with brown color on the end of some the leaves. 'nutrient burn' is what i thought of, which was kind of right. I was watering every 3 days. for the first 2 times (day 3 and 6), i gave them 1 Liter of water each, the water is mixed with 1.5 ML/L Rhizotonic, PH is at 5.8.

On next 2 waterings (day 9 and 12) I introduced Canna coco A 0.5 ML/L and Canna coco B 0.5 ML/L keeping PH level at 5.8. From here on the problem only gotten worse the growth was slowing down. I noticed that I was supposed to have the PH level above 6.1 when I added the A & B. I was afraid that I made my plants toxic with this low of PH, so I took a risk and did a runoff on all of my plants. Watering them a total of 2L per plants and letting the water run through the pots in the bathroom, PH level is 6.1.

I let them rest for next 2 days and on the 3rd day from the runoff (day 15) I water them with less amount of water 0.5L per plant. mixed with 1.5 ML/L Rhizotonic and 0.5 ML/L. (in total 2 liters of water, 3ml Rhiz, 1ml canna a and 1ml canna b). This time having the PH at 6.18

The problem is still getting worse with 2 of my plants (Shorty and Nut), my 3rd plant is confusing me 1 days is ok next day i see more spots and thats Shelisa. The 4th plant is doing the best having no spots but growing slowly and thats Green Queen.

Im really sad seeing this happening to my plants, no idea what I should now, if its even possible to save them.

Info about the plants and the setup:

2 plants are Green Gelato and the other 2 are Northern light, both survive on the exact same climate, one is hybrid, the other is 80% indica.
Current age of the plants: 17 days
Temp (day time): 24-28 Celsius
Temp (night time): 20-23 Celsius
Humidity level: 60%

Lights:
Lights are on 18 hours per day
3 grow lights, 700w per light
distance between light and plant is 75cm

Soil and pots:
Im using 50L of Canna coco soil mixed with 20L of perlite. After mixing them well, I divided everything in 4 big pots

Fans and filtration system:
1 inside fan for air flow
1 input fan
1 output fan
2 Carbon filters (PRIMA KLIMA ECO K2602 - 620m3/h - Ø150mm | led-grower.eu And PRIMA KLIMA ECO K2601 - 480m3/h - Ø125mm | led-grower.eu )
Maybe i went a bit overboard with the filtration system but I live in an apartment and I really dont want the smell to get out of control. I balanced out the air getting in and the air getting out. the air doesnt circulate too fast or too slow, Im proud of it.

Morning Adam Welcome to Marijuana Passion. You might be watering your babies too much. Baby don't need a hole lot of water. You will learn a lot here on the site. Ask any ? you want. There is a lot of helpful people here. Have fun growing.

im a new grower also i have been at it for a year now the school of hard knocks has been afflickted upon me all year . i grew 6 plants in a 4x8 tent i wasnt complaining to much but i could not get the yield that the plants potential should have. so i done away with my tent and put mylar on my walls hoping well thinking that it would give them more breathing room . but my plants got shorter and quantity dropped drasticly. i have 2 mars tsl 2000 lights do i need more or am i wrong for switching or is there anything i need toadd to help my problem

im a new grower also i have been at it for a year now the school of hard knocks has been afflickted upon me all year . i grew 6 plants in a 4x8 tent i wasnt complaining to much but i could not get the yield that the plants potential should have. so i done away with my tent and put mylar on my walls hoping well thinking that it would give them more breathing room . but my plants got shorter and quantity dropped drasticly. i have 2 mars tsl 2000 lights do i need more or am i wrong for switching or is there anything i need toadd to help my problem
There a lot of Obi Won Kenobe growers here young Padawan . I am in maintenance ands I knows somethings but not enough things to answer. I will pass this on to management ..

Wait, your running 2 TSL-2000 in a 4x8 tent bro? I think we found his problem.

1 of those is enough I do believe. More power is not always the answer my young lad. and yes, we all thoought
that at one time so no worries ok. turn both lights to half power or take one out.. whatever is easiest or gives you
the best footprint. You are for sure bleaching your plants with to much light.

Best thing I can recommend is to do what I did when I started. READ. I bought 3 books on growing indoors..
How to grow the best marijuana indoors was great and easy to follow. Soma's was fun and made me try all kinds
of weird stuff like his grow boxes.. always chasing new ideas is no way to go.

I've fed these plants twice bro, that's it, the soil is loaded with goodness so why push it to hard
37 days from seed
Gamhazn x 6 at day 37 (2).jpg

Dude ya lights will be fine once the plants are established and well into Veg
600watts in an open grow is fine, just not for seedlings.
I would start new seeds as back up , the ones you are growing most likely will be severely shocked and not grow out the way you wanted. It only takes a small wattage to veg seedlings ,LEDs are too strong for them babies .

As Carty has said and I always tell new growers Store bought Good soils (ie Fox farm Ocean and alike) have all the nutes you need to get your plants through the veg cycle I scratch in some earthworm pooh after 3-4 weeks to kick them up a notch .

600w (2x tsw-2000 @ 300w/ea)/32sqft = 18.75w sqft. That will not be ideal during veg or flower.

600w (2x tsw-2000 @ 300w/ea)/32sqft = 18.75w sqft. That will not be ideal during veg or flower.
If that is directed at me I thought he nixed the tent and was now in an open grow room
No way can you do both them lights in a 4x4 tent He posted he had a 4x8 tent Twice the size.

@ROSTERMAN it wasn't aimed at you, or anyone else :) just thought I'd point out that even with 2 of those lights it's not nearly enough to light a 4x8. I'm confused at the grow space being utilized, too.
It was hard to understand when I read it too
His problem now is diff/too much light
We cool bro, I admire your grows and opinions

Older thread, but if anyone wants to see a collection of PAR tests on both SP 3000 (x2) in a 4x4, or tsl 2000 (x2) in a 4x4, check the cocoforcannabis site. TSW and TSL are different, TSL light is long and skinny shape, TSW is more square.

Russellc

@ROSTERMAN it wasn't aimed at you, or anyone else :) just thought I'd point out that even with 2 of those lights it's not nearly enough to light a 4x8. I'm confused at the grow space being utilized, too.
That's what I'm thinking. This TSL 2000, the long skinny one. Two would be good for 4x4.
I use 2 SP3000 in a 4x4 they are slightly more powerful, works fine.

Latest posts

Back