Leaves on one clone curling in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
So I just transplanted these clones two weeks ago, watered the first time with plain ph water. some were extra thirsty so decided maybe to early to give them all some nutes as I used food foxfarms frog dirt same as last time. I had not in the past fed nutes this soon after transplanting using that soil with nutes in it already. One of the clones (the one I am manifolding) I noticed leaves were curling down maybe claw like. The other clones in the tent look perfectly healthy in fact I think they enjoyed the early nutes. The pot on this one plant sits on a booster seat as it is much closer to the dirt than the others which are not manifolded if that makes sense. I moved it up even with the screen and the other Plants. Don't know if the dirt is warmer in this pot being how it’s closer to the lights although my LEDs don’t put out much heat. It is pretty warm in the tent now around 83f and I’ve been trying hard to get the humidity up now at 38%. Did I maybe over nute this plant?
23982641-2BB3-400B-8FA9-B84CE3E735CD.jpeg
8C17C350-A73B-48D1-BF02-6835F176064D.jpeg

Do you have a strong fan blowing directly on that one plant?
That will cause it, there are many things that can cause Clawing in MJ plants
Herbies has a nice write up on it here
https://herbiesheadshop.com/blog/le...ctors: texture, drainage, and water retention.
No big wind in the tent in fact i was just going to adjust my fan in the top corner of the tent to see more leaf movement. By reading this article I suppose it’s a nitrogen overload on this one plant. Don’t know if it’s worth the flush they advise unless it gets worse. Maybe I’ll hold off on the nutes on her for a while in hopes that she bounces back…

No big wind in the tent in fact i was just going to adjust my fan in the top corner of the tent to see more leaf movement. By reading this article I suppose it’s a nitrogen overload on this one plant. Don’t know if it’s worth the flush they advise unless it gets worse. Maybe I’ll hold off on the nutes on her for a while in hopes that she bounces back…
You may want to do a lite flush wont hurt that one plant .

I’ve never flushed before. Just give it a couple gallons plain water and let it run thru? She’s in a 3 gallon cloth pot which is also new to me
I would just do a plain water feed (lite flush) and a water feed again when required and see if that helps the clawing . The Frog soil should have plenty of nutes for a young clone.

I may be new to growing, but isn't that a classic case of excess nitrogen?

Good tips above, a good flush should help a lot, and if it is a nitrogen problem, apparently its very easy to flush out of the soil..

I think the courtesy flushes are working. Leaves seem to be flattening out a bit not all of them but some and maybe the tiniest bit of tip burn on a couple but I think she’s digging the clean water I gave her twice already. Still didn’t get run off tho plan on giving her another drink tomorrow. Perhaps she is just taking the water in more than the other plants And guzzled down the nutes real fast instead of taking her time like the rest of the clones…anyway just thought I would thank y’all for the idea of thinning down the water. This plant is different than the others too as it’s my manifold experiment plant. Maybe manifolding causes them to drink more and take in nutes different…

Latest posts

Back