leaves turning yellow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovbnstoned

Reaction score
why r my leaves turning yellow ?? temp is 80 or lower feed them water,, what am i doing wrong ?? n hav the plants under a 2 ft 4 bulb T5

lovbnstoned :cool: :icon_smile:
ol stoner :tokie:

100_1599.JPG my yellow leaves n my helpers 100_1598.JPG

Nute burn maybe. Are you useing soil with nutrients already in it?

Looks like is growing in rocky road cake...lol...what kind of soil is that...it's too hot..."nute hot".... Classic nute burn...

Yellowing is caused by a few things over watering and not enough nitrogen so plants start to use up its stored energy
By looking at your plants i would say its not yellowing its burning go to your nearest Rona and get some MG seedling starter mix and get it transplanted your soil is to hot presently and in another week or so there going to die

DrFever said:
Yellowing is caused by a few things over watering and not enough nitrogen so plants start to use up its stored energy
By looking at your plants i would say its not yellowing its burning go to your nearest Rona and get some MG seedling starter mix and get it transplanted your soil is to hot presently and in another week or so there going to die

i have 2 out of 28 that look just like that. nute burn. i used ff ocean forest in bottom half of pot. happy frog in top half. so the roots would, at some point, search and find ffof. problem is 2 babies found it too fast. need to transplant these 2 asap. thanks!!

they were under a LED light too close I think.. they r now in a cabinet with good circulation, intake with a 4inch fan n 6 inch fan outtake. plus they r under a T5. also they r in a organic soil, n just feeding them water

would ocean fox farm soil be good when I transfer them into bigger pots???

That is without a doubt, nutrient burn. What kind of "organic" soil is it. some commercial soils have time released nutes and call themselves organic, but any soil with time release nutes is not totally organic. Seedlings need to be in soil or medium that has NO NUTES. MJ comes with its own nutes for the first 2-3wks of its life. Now even if the soil is total organic, it can still be too hot for seedlings. I made up my own organic soil once and made it far too hot for clones and burned them slam up. Had I put seedlings in it, they probably would have burst into flames. You need almost neutral soil for seedlings, something like coco or promix for seeds, or one of the seed starter mixes. :)

:yeahthat:
I ran into those problems when I first started off.
Your not feeding them water. But giving them water n the soil is feeding them.
It acts like a res for nutes allowing the roots to intake what they need.
So what ever is in your soil your plants will up take.
Like hushpuppy said coco or promix would be a great starting choice.
And when u do start to feed look at the tips. If u see yellowing or browning of the tips. Dilute solution some. This is an early sign nutes are too hot.
LH

I thank ya for the info

organic soil from homedepot

, going to my hydro store tomorrow n see if they got coco coir, n use that then.

I highly recommend Sunshine Advanced Mix #4!!

Description:

Beginning with select ingredients and formulated by a team of professional horticulturists, Sunshine® Advanced #4 Growing Mix is recommended for indoor growing. OMRI listed for organic gardening, this myco-active mix it retains moisture while providing improved root aeration and drainage to develop strong, healthy root systems for maximum stem, flower and foliar growth.

Ingregients:

Peat Moss, Coir, Perlite, a Multi-species Blend of Endomycorrhizae

Applications:

Designed specifically for growing indoor foliage crops, vegetables, herbs and other consumable crops.

I get a product from Home Depot that I really like called Kellogg's Patio Plus. This is the product description:

Kellogg Patio Plus 1.5 cu. ft. All-Natural Outdoor Potting Soil is a rich blend of composted ingredients, including all-natural chicken manure, kelp meal and worm castings. This soil is great for using in outdoor container gardens. It provides a rich, natural growing environment for flowers, herbs and vegetables.

It has composted forest products, rice hulls, poultry manure, perlite, peat moss, feather meal, dolomite lime, oyster shell lime, bat guano, kelp meal, and worm castings. It is not too hot for seedlings though and I use it for my super soil base as Sunshine is not available here. It is priced right at $5 for 1.5 cu ft.

I appreciate the info

When I start seeds I use a seed starter mix. It has no nutrients in it.

You will not make that mistake again, We learn as we grow... Green mojo to you ol stoner!

PS, love the poods.....poodles for you non poodle people. lol

the tall one is rocky a bishon n n the lill one is lilbit n he is maltese that I found on the street

rocky is a bishon faise, close to a poodle but is not
. I;ve had him ever since he was 2 1/2 weeks old
he's the quiet one where as the maltese isloud n they r both my security, in case anyone is on the property

Latest posts

Back