Leaves went all yellow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71_307

Hi so im into about the 3rd week of flowering for my two AK47 ladies.. and when i went to go check on them alot of the leaves turned yellow (with in a day) the yellowing leaves where from top to bottom.. soo im wondering would that be a lack of N ?? i was jsut figureing maybe not enough food since there getting really big now ( 2+ feet) my food im using is Canna Substra stuff soo its already really low NPK i was feeding them almost full strength can i up it to more?? i feed them only once a week.. can i maybe feed on normal feeding then the next watering jsut use a low doses to hold them threw till next feeding???

thanks

Hey 71,
It sounds like that if all your leaves went yellow, it is probably not a nutrient deficiency. but we can't diagnose the problem without all the components of your grow. Give us ph, lighting schedule, environment soil etc... If you have been feeding it, then it probably isn't lacking in nutrients. It is probably a ph problem, a nute lockout. Make sure you don't take action until you can clearly tell exactly the source of the problem, and for that we need all your info. IMHO
JOE

well its 12/12 lights ( 3 weeks into flowering) .. 600hps Hurtilux Super HPS.
watering or feeding.. ph is 6.6
soil is Pro Mix HP
Canna Substra Flours food
temps 70 to 75F

the plants dont look sick.. no wilting. just the leaves where yellow.. mind you after ive feed them it hasnt gotten any worse..

What is your watering schedule? Is it just old leaves that are going yellow, because that is normal... Are they a healthy looking yellowing, or are they getting "sick" spots and tips? Could you be overwatering? How often do you feed? Have pics? That would help a lot

Well they get watered or feed about every 3 to 4 days.. wich they need.. dries out almost befor needing to be watered... my watering schedual hasnt changed since starting this whole process. ya i have the normal old yellowing leaves that dry out and crumble but the others look healthy just yellow.. I check my plants everyday.. so the day befor they where there nice green colour then the next there was yellow leaves.. but hasnt gotten any worst.

also havnet changed anything i jsut upped there food by 5% just to see.. since i had been giving them the same amounts of food since the beginning of flowering and havent been uping it.. so maybe that is the problem..

You really need to post a pic, that is really the only way we can help you
otherwise, it just sounds like normal yellowing

i agree. most plants will shed some foliage when you start flowering regardless. some phenos will just choose to shed more than others.

i like to think about it as if it were in nature. when it starts flowering and gets to fall, it starts raining alot, of which the plant will naturally be ,somewhat, overwatered, of which it will use that to shed some of its foliage- especially main fan leaves that are gettin old.

i would definetely not be upping any nitrogen in their diet. although they use a little bit for that growth spirt when you start flowering; overall nitrogen can and will slow down bud growth in flowering- especially in excess. -based on what ive learned over the years, and imo.

l i havent changed there there food just upped it a bit to see.. ob1kinsmokey that might be it. ucz they look compltly healthy just jsut some of the leaves are yellow.

It wasn't a bad lil article... cept he didn't say nething about prepping the rockwool or nething like that... didn't show end results either =(

Latest posts

Back