LED advice needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mars hydro 96X3 is almost exactly the same for half the price, mars hydro claims 170-200 watt draw, so might even push a few more watts.

That advanced platinum looks nice tho!

Ok I think I'm gonna make the jump and purchase two advanced platinum series 300w LEDs. They're 369.00 a piece. I hope that's enough for a 4x4 tent, I am scrogging two plants in that space. In soil all organics. I'll try and start a journal when it's all up and running, I just moved so I have to re set up! UGH!!!! I love growing, but it sure is a lot of work!!!

Yes I love mine im about to buy another..your gonna need 3 or 4 to really out perform hps 1k.but I have 2 leds just bought. A mars 300 dual switch everyone on here likes them. in a 4x4tent running 660 watts 1 advanced and 1 l8tr apollo..but im buying another advance sold apollo..but this is my first led grow so im not sure what to expext here are pics at week 5

View attachment 20150216_152151.jpg

View attachment 20150216_152141.jpg

my understanding is the led wattage being measured to sell the fixture includes the power being used for the fan cooling the led and the actual wattage of the diode---whereas operating an hid---the wattage is whatever the ballast says it is

so if you got 50w of diodes and 40w running a fan to keep it cool---you got a 90w led

si or no?

most PC fans draw around 1-2w these are "normal" fans.
there are powerful versions that can draw 15w+ but those are VERY noisy (55dBA) and not what is used to cool LED heatsinks.

the fans draw power from the same source as the LEDs so any "draw" #s will have the fans' power use included.

my understanding is the led wattage being measured to sell the fixture includes the power being used for the fan cooling the led and the actual wattage of the diode---whereas operating an hid---the wattage is whatever the ballast says it is

so if you got 50w of diodes and 40w running a fan to keep it cool---you got a 90w led

si or no?

Not really..led does not require allot of electricity to run and led are very bright..tru led wattasgw is differnt from draw power..my 360 pulls 240.? My dull spec 300 pulls 90 in ever and 135 for flower.

Yes I love mine im about to buy another..your gonna need 3 or 4 to really out perform hps 1k.but I have 2 leds just bought. A mars 300 dual switch everyone on here likes them. in a 4x4tent running 660 watts 1 advanced and 1 l8tr apollo..but im buying another advance sold apollo..but this is my first led grow so im not sure what to expext here are pics at week 5

I never ran a 1k HPS, I ran a 600w cool tube with Xl hood in a 4x4 with great results. Almost 1GPW with a couple strains, and .75 GPW consistently. I grow all organic soil. My own recipe. And I supplement with ACT's. I think two will be a good start. I may add another at a later date.

I am at around 600 the 625 watts actual power draw this is minus the fan which is estimated at 30 watts in a 8 sqt space seems to be working good so far

Latest posts

Back