LED Colors Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokinherper

python reguis addict!!!
Reaction score
Currently have 5 LED banks in a 4x8 tent. Going into flower and trying to decide whether to run full spectrum or only red.. I have two lights that do not have spectrum change option, and 3 that do. Any input would be appreciated.

I would run full spectrum. Your plants still need a full spectrum when flowering. I have 6 LED's and 5 of them have 3 switch's. One for veg. Then when you go 12/12 you hit the bloom switch ( with the veg switch still on ) and it adds more red to the spectrum. The third switch is a boost switch, which adds some cobb (white) LED's. I tried the third switch once and did not notice any difference. So I only use it when I'm playing with my girls. Good luck with your grow.

I have a set of self assembled lights, for veg I’m running some Samsung 3500k solstrip LEDs and then for flower I add another set of 2700k strips...I also built a smal far red led that can be turned on at the start of lights out when switching to flower mode...I didn’t see a big differ nice the first time I used it so I didn’t use it the next time and it seems I like maybe I was too hasty in that judgement...I’ll try it again this time at flower and see if it helps...it’s supposed to help get flowering started by signaling the plants that is bed time...**?prolly...

Thank you guys for the input.. very nice information. I will run full spectrum and see the results!

run all lights on full spectrum. Plants need full spectrum light at all stages. When we grow in open field our plants gets full spectrum of light form the very first day to till harvest. SUN do not have veg or Flowering switch.

Full spectrum is the best choice for flowering.

Latest posts

Back