led grow lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, someone has done a led grow before... it produced some nice bud. I wouldn't imho trust that website... they have charts n all that... and the information is wrong... they are showing a MH growlight in a comparison chart in the orange/red spectrum... and dont state lumens just how many watts per foot you need... IMHO they know leds.. but dont know growing at all....
I'm HUGE into leds.. I use them all the time to rice up ppls cars for them and everything... some are really bright... really really bright... but the ones on that site dont look that high end.

If anyone gets some tho... try em out and give a report on how they do!
There r ppl on ebay that sell 1,000,000 leds for $1000.... could make a lot of growlights with that one!

yeah i ran across them on ebay while i was looking at MH bulbs. i know i have heard of people growing with them its just the first time iran across them personally.

they are some bright azz lights but i think i will stick with the good old fashion HPS for now.

The cost of the final product is what stops me from using them. I sent an email to a led sign maker awhile back, and it seems they've blown me off. No answer. Hmmmmm.

I mentioned growing plants under them, thinking that they would suggest the most favorable lights, but perhaps they read "pot grower" into my request and just blew me off.

I'll check with another and not mention plants this time. I'm going to tell them the ratio of white/colors I want with the brightest possible leds and the size of the "sign", and see what kind of price they come back with.

I'm going to go with a 3 x 5 foot sign for pricing.

i would like to see a full grow under them to see the results, i know that nasa was using them to grow potatos.

cyberquest said:
i would like to see a full grow under them to see the results, i know that nasa was using them to grow potatos.

I've seen a full grow... they came out better then flouros.... the guy said the problem was soldering all of them together... and he said he needed more lumens... but for accenting other lights i think it woudl help nicely

yeah kade you might be on to something there, maybe some nicely placed LED's in the flower room would help some of the lower branches with lighting.

FIRST PIC: [43]: Regular high brightness blue LED. It has two spectral components: Blue emission from the GaAlN semiconductor, and a wide-band yellow emission from cerium activated yttrium aluminum garnet phosphor. Used in electronics. Spectrum calibration approximate, relative to [5]. (pic #2)

SECOND PIC: [5]: Cold cathode warm white CFL Triphosphor fluorescent. From a 2.5W USB desktop light used for desktop reading and writing. These lamps are more balanced chromatically than [4], making them quite comfortable for reading/writing. Mercury, Europium and Terbium phosphors, utilizing many of the Mercury lines. Color temperature @ ~ 4,000K. Efficiency: 75 lm/W.

so they are saying that the BLUE led lights has very similar light output of 4000k CLF bulb. hmmmm.

LEDB.jpg

CFL4K.jpg

Latest posts

Back