LED Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have this LED.

http://www.mars-hydro.com/led-grow-light-100-3w.html

As some of you may know, i'm new to the forum and it's my first grow. I'm running it in Veg right now. Will it work in flowering?

I'm also running it roughly 18-20" above the canopy. My big question is; I don't have a big grow space; what's the closest this light can get to the top of the canopy without causing damage.

Thanks!

Does your light have a flowering switch too? i looked and couldn't see it. I have one that flowers only and two that veg and flower both.
I would also GUESS that you need to keep the light where you have it at 18=20 inches.

It doesn't have the switch. But the specs say's it has the spectrum needed? I'm concerned what to do when she grows bigger =)

DId you buy the fixture to veg or bloom or both? How tall is your space? Have you topped your plant? What are you growing? what kind?

First time grower; so I wanted to go easy. A quick read said it would be good for both...

My space is 5 feet tall, 2x2. I topped it last week for the first time, after 30 days.

I know this sounds noob, but my friend gave me the seeds, he said it was feminized but had no idea what it was. I figured i'd start with 1 before i tried more to see how it went. Give myself some trial and error and learn about the process.

At first I had her growing in the window. I realized that wouldn't fly to well with passerbys as it's a busy street (even though i'm on the 3rd floor) so I invested in a small grow tent. Realized after I got it, it's a bit too small, but it will have to do for now.

Here I am.

Ok, gotcha..Do you have your light on 24 hours now? And then when you are thru vegging you will "flip" to 12 hours on 12 hours off, right? Good that you topped it. How long has it been since you planted the seed?

I need to warn you that growing pot is way too much fun and this may be the beginning of a long relationship for you and this plant.

Let us know how we can help.

Thanks RB!

She's 40 days today actually.

She's running on 24/h now. Should I gradually bring it down from, 18/6 12/12, or jump right down to 12/12. I can't let her get too much taller before going into flowering. I've read and correct me if i'm wrong, but you should start flowering at about half the height you want it at; they grow about twice the size once you start?

I'd also like to try some more practices once I can start cloning; jogging, etc.. since my grow space is so restricted. Gotta love apartments!

No need to do it gradual. I like to do all the pinching, pruning etc before flower. Then just go to 12/12. If you are wanting to clone, do it before flower. You are right about some varieties can double when flipped. I usually flip after 6 or 8 weeks veg, but i grow too big sometimes. They don't usually show sex before that time anyway. So after the flip you will need to be looking for girl parts.

We are here for ya.

Just looked at a seed variety that said it would increase 8 - 20 times in size while flowering.

Latest posts

Back