LED UFO Closet Grow

• Thread starter northernlightssmokn
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
northernlightssmokn said:
84VW Do you have any thoughts on smaller plants?? This kinda touches an older post of yours about netting.

if you haven't done it yet search the word scrog on here

a SCReen Of Green is what im doing with my led grow, as i mentioned in your other thread the leds dont seem to penetrate as good as some other lights once the plants get bushier

scrog... I will... Thanks!!

So the starts have been under the florescents now for a while and have taken root...I added the 4 led's and the babies are bending AWAY from the florescents to get to the LED's...

Still figuring out my camera situation.
The memory card from the camera goes into the printer. The printer works with xp (my old laptop) and not Vista (my new laptop) Go figure.

Shoulda stayed with XP and HPS..... updated to Vista & LED's....lol

northernlightssmokn said:
I have never heard of Warm white flood lights I guess. Or at least not in that term. Are they 120v? require a ballast?
Try this link.

Wow. HMMM $100.... Not a bad investment as a suplimental light...

Thanks for the link, you got my interest!

Ok... Is an eddison socket a regular socket for a household bulb? Do they produce heat? Probabaly no heat as they are led... Lastly, what would you say a good ratio would be for ww floods to ufo's? One and one? If I am using 3 ufo's do you think 3 of those ww's would be plenty?to cover my 12sqf closet?

An Edison socket is a standard light bulb socket. Anything that uses power makes heat. My 7 watt LED spotlight gets warm. The cooling fins won't burn you but I wouldn't want to keep my finger on it forever. As for a ratio your guess is as good as mine. I would go 3 minimum and as many as you can afford or safely mount as a maximum. I have never done business with that site I gave you the link for so buyer beware. I only gave it to you as an example of a WW floodlight.

Thanks. I am checking out the ww led's on a few sites. To be honest, I am not as optimistic about these ufo's as I was when I got them. Still going to try the LED grow though.

Side note... The leaves that are nearest the LED's are healthier and happier than the ones nearest the 600w hps. No problems w/ the leaves or light distances...just an observation.

Latest posts

Back