LED's for a 2x5 closet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, use the 2 600 watt LED's as they will cover more area and if one stops working you will still have a light to use.

Card,,why are they so cheep? That would concern me a little. Im not saying your wrong,,its just the low price scares me.

cardgenius, I agree with you about the white LED's over the blurple LED's. I did not check out the lights themselves, was only concerned with the coverage and 1 verses 2 lights. Mine are white ones by Timber LED Grow Lights.

Those are so cheap because the flower coverage is only a 14”x14” footprint and the ppfd is really too low to flower well. A lot of folks on here use blurple lights myself included and get good results. Look for low variation in ppfd over the light footprint and color maps showing good red and blue spectrums as well as some ir and uv light. That being said, white light LEDs are quite popular and outperform blurple lights in general. I will be buying a white light LED when one of my blurples dies.

oldfogey8, That;s what I did was replace my failed blurple LED's with white ones. I do think that they work better throughout the growing cycles.

I know you did not ask me but the flower footprint according to the data says 2’x2’ so for a 2x5’ closet you will need 3 of them. I misread it yesterday and thought it had a 14”x14” but either way it is not enough light to flower under.

Card,,why are they so cheep? That would concern me a little. Im not saying your wrong,,its just the low price scares me.
I’d assume its because they’re not using the higher end components like Samsung chips and Mean Well drivers and being made in China. Was just throwing it out to try and match the price of the Blurples.

Spider Farmer does use the higher end components but their fixtures are also more expensive but still made in China.

If anyone is looking for high quality LED fixtures check out Horticulture Lighting Group, Rapid LED, ChilLED, ROI, Timber LED or The Green Sunshine Company. All the of these brands are made in the USA and all use high end components. They are expensive compared to most of the Chinese Amazon stuff but you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
cardgenius, I agree with you about the white LED's over the blurple LED's. I did not check out the lights themselves, was only concerned with the coverage and 1 verses 2 lights. Mine are white ones by Timber LED Grow Lights.
I’m with you. Better coverage and if one plant out paces the others, you have the ability to raise that light separate of the other one.

Last edited:
That makes me feel better about that light. Good to know someone else is using them.

thats a nice light, but well outta mt budget! my 400wt HPS ant getting it done and is maxing out room temps and im wanting a light that do what i need if 200 bucks worth of led's wont get it done then ill go with a 600wt HPS or add another 400 wt and add more ventilation....just dont want lighting to be a limiting factor in my grows!

thats a nice light, but well outta mt budget! my 400wt HPS ant getting it done and is maxing out room temps and im wanting a light that do what i need if 200 bucks worth of led's wont get it done then ill go with a 600wt HPS or add another 400 wt and add more ventilation....just dont want lighting to be a limiting factor in my grows!
I think with $300, it would be worth the switch.

been using 400 wt HPS and wanting better lights, deciding between 600 wt HPS or LED's that equal 600 wts!! looking at these 2 from viparspectra on amazon thinking 2 600wts or 1 1000wts
https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA...PLmWA__8ZrEoJHl7GwKuDPCfJMlwPvB6kO6PhY19erlhk
https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA...PLmWA__8ZrEoJHl7GwKuDPCfJMlwPvB6kO6PhY19erlhk
Check out electric sky. They're newer and i have heard nothing but wild praise. The v180 runs around $400. 2-4 plants. V300 4-8 plants and around 700$. From what i read and videos i watched. They sold me. And i read and watched a lot. They're made for 2x4 4x4 and 5x5 tents. Their coverage is the most even on the market

Latest posts

Back