led's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigggy

Reaction score
good after noon guys ,,,i have a few ??????,,,trying to rebuild my room ,,,,I'm good with my veg room ,,,i have two 6 bulbs t5 fixtures that work great and have for years ,,my ? is can you flower under led's or flows and get real bud,,,,i have 3 1000 watt hps,fixtures i just need the bulbs ,,,but they draw so much power and produce so much heat,,,,trying to get my monthly charges under control,,,before the bust my monthly charges were about 100$ (lights and the a/c ),,,,hoping to lower it to about 50$ a month ,,,i have never known anyone to grow good bud under flows or leds,,,should i just buy the hordalux bulbs for the ballest i have or try something new ,,,thanks in advance

Zig if U can swing it LEDs are worth it !-- Like U - and everyone else in the south- I had a heat problem from the lights -LEDs fixed that --Never known anyone who could grow rock hard dank under LEDs -- Yes U do !-Quite a few of us use LEDs-- I'm one who believes this quality makes LEDs an industry standard and they just get better -- It will cut your cost maybe in half ?-- Can U grow dank bud under LEDs ?-- If U make the switch you'll never go back !

Last edited by a moderator:
I have flowered under 4 and 6 bulb 4 ft high output T5. SCROG worked the best because of light penetration though. In my signature I have a couple of grows I did under T5’s start to finish.

I vote for LED too. They are so much cheaper to run then hps and make better plants. I know money is tight, but it will save you in the long run.

Zig
I'm new to LEDs but already I see Ill never go back.
Use fulvic acid in your watering and you'll see rock hard buds.

good morning and thank you guys.....got some thinking to do,,,,, leaning towards led ,,,gonna put my 3 1000 watt ballest on craigslist ,,,there only about a year old not sure what to ask for them ,,,

Just checked Amazon...man have prices fallen....you can buy a whole 1000 watt system for under 200 and you get everything .including two bulbs hps and metal hi.....plus a timer....maybe ill just give the ones i have to someone just starting out

That is what I did. It is a win win. I hear cali dumps are full of hps and MH. But it was fun to donate to a new grower, he was thrilled. It is worth saving up for some good led's.

Once you go LED you won't go back. I have a good sized monster in flower under LED now. It's about 10 days out from the chop. Will try to take pics tonight.

I recently got a King 1200w and a king 1500w LED.
I like the 1200w but the 1500w is the smallest I'd go if I buy another.

Here's a shot of their spec sheet
1205181927.jpg

thanks everyone,,,, hey gman I was looking at that king 1500 watt on amazon for 155 (is the price right),,,what size area will that cover (how many plants)room is not an issue ,,,thanks man

Zig I was running 2 - old 300 watt Mars Hydro per square meter of growing space -- I'll be replacing them as they break with better lights - I got bout a dozen -- 1500 watts ?-- I like it !-- U ever consider water pharming ?-- There's lots of different kinds of water pharming --Aero --DWC--Drip and drain ?-- U see Umbra's grow ?-- Looks like he's growing in soil ?-- Nope !-- That's coconut fiber or promix-- Got no nutrients in it at all -- It's just a grow medium -- He supplies all the nutes the plants need in his nute formula !

thanks everyone,,,, hey gman I was looking at that king 1500 watt on amazon for 155 (is the price right),,,what size area will that cover (how many plants)room is not an issue ,,,thanks man
Basicly a 6 x 6 area for the 1500w.
I have the 1200 and the 1500 in a 6 x 8 area so there's a lot of overkill for now but I'm planning a larger space.
The 1500w imo is a good deal at 155 bucks with a 3yr warranty.

I am running a 1200 and 1500 King in a 4x4x6.5 tent. Getting great results.

For those of you running the King LEDs do you notice a color variation between lights? A buddy of mine bought a King 1000 and the 1200. The 1000 is very red while the 1200 is mostly blue. Both work great but the colors are so far apart its like he bought a grow light and bloom light.

LED's are the future for the Cannabis Community. Especially that Homegrower. CMH, HPS are only in the running for warehouses that do not realized they could run cutting edge technology for the long run. Yes, People grow rock hard nugs, chunks and cola's off of LED. Now with Cob's and Dimmability the cultivator is even more in charge of doing to his plant wtv he wants. Call it fine spectral tuning, so to speak.

For those of you running the King LEDs do you notice a color variation between lights? A buddy of mine bought a King 1000 and the 1200. The 1000 is very red while the 1200 is mostly blue. Both work great but the colors are so far apart its like he bought a grow light and bloom light.

There's a big difference in my 1200 and 1500 king led's.
Being pretty color deficient I can't really say what color they are but the 1500 seems a Lot brighter than the 1200.

Latest posts

Back